Chapter 7

"Alright so she isn't very accurate either," River told us. "Faun, you should turn into something small, but powerful."

"A humming bird to disorientate her maybe?" I asked.

"Not what I had in mind, but good thinking," River continued. "Electra, we might need you to sit this one out because I still have to find out about her partner."

"Thanks, bro, I can always count on you can't I?" Electra snapped at River sarcastically.

"It's not like that, Electra," River answered. "I might not be able to help out because of her partner and Fauna is the distraction to Emily."

"As much has I hate saying it, River is right," I added. "We have to play to their weaknesses, not their strengths."

"I will ask Kayla if she knows who it is." Electra got up, and I followed her. "Alone."

"Ouch," River said, making a noise that I can't really describe to you.

"Shut up, Water Boy," I snapped at him. Getting up to go get my stuff for class, I threw away the remainder of my breakfast. As I walked out of the cafeteria, I saw Juliette teleporting around the room, tripping the new kids coming in. I rolled my eyes and walked out. I heard Emma say something nasty but I ignored her.

I opened the door to my room and what I found shocked me. Someone had trashed the room. Luckily, I hid my homework where you had to be tiny to get in and unlock. Thank you for being able to turn into a dragon fly. I've told you I don't do house flies. The room was a mess though. The beds were unmade, drawers open, clothes everywhere and I'm astonished as to who would do this. My books were disheveled and so many papers all over the place. Running into the bathroom, I saw everything untouched except someone had written on the mirror, "We know you exist, we won't stop till every last one of you is either dead or working for us. I screamed. It seemed pretty unlike me, but a teacher was walking by and heard me.

"Ms. Mètamorphe, are you all right?" Mr. Darvill asked. I pointed to the mirror. He looked and said, "This is not good. I have to alert the principal." With that, he ran out.

I grabbed my stuff and walked to my class. It was a rather boring lesson. Second period, we had a substitute. Everyone was saying that it was because he was "normal" and easily got sick. I knew the truth. I didn't tell Electra since she normally had her things at breakfast. I had a feeling that by the end of the school day, we would have our room back to the way it was originally.

"River, why are you drawing a wolf, instead of listening to Mr. Darvill?" I asked impatiently, turning my head to face River.

"That depends," he said with a devious look on his face. "Can you pretend to be my date to the dance? As someone else of course."

"Why?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I know you weren't planning on going anyways," River added.

"You are extremely nosy,"

"I try my best." River raised his fist to his chest with a look of pride on his face.

"So you want me to go with you, but as someone else?"

"Pretty much," he said, shrugging his shoulders. "I'll pick out a girl from a picture and then you can become her, that's how it works, right?"

"Basically, but I don't have to look at a picture," I said. "It can be a random face I've pulled from my life. I could turn into the nurse that helped deliver me if I really wanted to."

"Please don't," River pleaded with his hands to his chest. I was about to answer when the bell rang.

"Sorry I got to go." I stood up, grabbed my bag and walked out. I felt so bored all day, even in P. E. because the teachers decided to take a break from the tournament and give us our run day. It felt good to stretch myself in a different form besides getting hurt. I easily ran through the cross-country course that was set for us. It was easier than normal and the breeze through my coat felt amazing. I know what you're thinking. How can she turn into people too? Well, I'm a shapeshifter not an animal shifter or an animagus.

After that I went back to my room and the mess was cleaned up, just I thought it would.

"Faun, we need to talk," said Electra, who was sitting on her bed.

"Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think? Sorry if it's short. This is Hannlzy by the way and thebookmistress has had really bad writers' block. I have too but only for the plot of as book on my account. Vote comment and enjoy. Until we meet again. {^-^}