Chapter 10

I was taken to the schools mini hospital; there was a few sick people there, but they all looked fine to me. I didn't on the other hand. The nurse said that it had ffractured the growth plate in my left ankle, a broken rib, and broke my right leg. I was allowed to leave but it was going to be extremely hard to move around. I wasn't allowed to be in my classes physically so instead Electra will be coming to the room and handing me our work. I would have to study it, and yes understand it without any examples.

This was going to be harder than I imagined. Plus I couldn't help River and Electra out for the competition, though I had complete faith in them. I wanted to talk to the principle about this situation and see if this would effect my chances of getting out of this hell hole. I asked the nurse, whom came to check up on me ever couple of hours, if she could help me schedule an appointment to see the principle. She agreed happily.

I was going to see her tomorrow, and she even is making the effort to come to my room, so I don't have to travel so far. For the time being I had to do homework, great! Note the sarcasm please. I looked down at the paper and it looked like the most idiotical thing you ever need to learn.

"When am I ever going to need this?" I say to myself. The science question asked how far a lightning bolt would be if you hear it's thunder thirty seconds after the strike. "Just ask Electra." I mumbled.

Just as I said that she walked in, "Ask me what?" She asked.

I shook my head and pointed to the paper, "At least you get examples. I don't understand this paper at all. When will we need this ever?" I asked her tilting my head to the left.

"I'm not sure, but hey who knows! Maybe someone will walk up to our front door and offer a million dollars if we could answer a question like that, and it was broadcast ed on live television. What are the chances of that ever happening, right?"

I laughed, "I believe it will never happen. Anyways I want this day to go by faster, being stuck in bed makes me feel like it isn't even going by. Seriously, this sucks. And I get to see if I am still in the contest to go out in the real world, I really hope I am." I bit my lip and looked at the paper.

"I do to! I don't want to be stuck with my brother and other people I don't like. You make the rainy day go away, well not really but you understand." she explained.

I nodded. I just noticed something about her after so many years of being her friend. She talks with her hands. As she was explaining her statement her hands moved a lot. I wonder why I've never noticed this about her, maybe because I was taught to look in the eyes of the person you are speaking to, not their hands. I contemplated the thought of telling her this, but knowing her she just might wanna change that about herself.

I yawned and glanced at the pile of books stacked on the nightstand net to my bed. "I guess I'll take a nap, wake me up next time you get in here please." I said to her smiling.

"Sure thing. Hey, all homework is due tomorrow make sure you get it done, alright?" I nodded at her.

"I will mom, I promise." I said sarcastically to my friend.

"I'll have you know I am younger than you by a month!" She said smiling.

"Alright get I really want to nap now!" I said throwing a throw pillow at her. That's what they are made for right, throwing?

She laughed and left the room. As soon as she left I yawned again and looked at the problem. Halfway throught the problem I felt my eyes grow heavy and my body lightened. I was asleep.

A cold gale brushed my hair from my shoulders behind me. I looked at the scence that laid out in front of me, this was my dream. I was standing in a field, yellow grass not green. There wasn't any signs of life besides the cattle that grazed across the land. I noticed the cattle came in all different colors, white, brown, black, grey, on was even yellow.