Chapter 15

FLOATING

FLOATING

We advise that you listen to: Tumblr Girls by G-Eazy

Trigger warning: sexual content ahead

January 2023, Age 24

Violet studied her culinary textbook as she sat on the expensive couch. Oakley's videos played in the background. The pen in her hand shook as she circled important information. Her eyes flickered to her phone. It was three in the morning.

The front door handle jiggled before a creaking sound could be heard. Oakley appeared throwing his duffle bag on the floor. His dog greeted him at the door. He bent down rubbing the head of the dog before his eyes landed on Violet.

"Hey." She said smiling.

Oakley frowned, "What are you doing up?"

He eyed her silk pajama set and fluffy socks. The textbook that sat in her lap was now shut. Violet took off her glasses throwing them on the table, "Couldn't sleep."

He nodded, "Nightmares?"

Violet yawned rubbing her tired eyes, "Yeah."

"Come on." He waved her over to his bedroom.

Violet watched as he started the shower making sure it was extra hot and how she liked it. Violet blushed when he got undressed and hopped in. The sliding doors shielded his body from her. The fog began to stick to her skin.

Violet knew what he was doing but she got in after him. "Is this supposed to help me?"

He snickered, "Maybe but I know I've been gone. Is it a shame to want to spend time with my girl?"

"How was the tour? I know it was a quick one." Violet said grabbing a cloth and lathering it with soap.

She watched innocently as the water ran down Oakley's body. He had gotten more tattoos, ones that she hadn't seen since they were teenagers. Her eyes danced when she found a small one with her name inside of a ruby.

"It was cool. I mean I barely stay in one place for so long." His voice was scratchy like he had just spent hours not talking.

Violet noticed, "I could've been making you some tea or something."

Oakley smiled, "Nah."

Violet tried not to smile when he leaned down to kiss her. Her lips touched his and her nightmares seemed to vanish from her mind. Oakley pulled her body closer ignoring the soap suds on their bodies.

She smiled, "Aren't we supposed to be washing up?"

"That can wait."

Oakley turned her around pushing her against the cold tile wall. She moaned when he entered her. "Fuck."