Chapter 10

PLAY TAG

PLAY TAG

We advise that you listen to: Commitment Issues by Central Cee

December 2022, Age 24

Violet shifted in her seat as Natalie pulled up to Club Aurora. The line was almost down the street. People were dressed up and admiring the outfits of others. Some programmed wanting to drink the night away.

Nat parked in the crowded parking lot. Her braids were down her back and she wore a simple black dress. Her tall legs looked good in her red bottoms. She turned looking at Violet inside the car, "Get out."

Violet felt nervous. "I don't know Nat. Let's just go home."

Natalie shook her head, "Girl no, we already got dressed. You look like a vixen, in a good way of course."

Violet blushed. She looked down at her dark red dress. The red color was fitting for her, "Fine."

The two girls hooked arms. Violet tried her best to keep up with her heels on. Natalie had already gotten their name on the list.

"Why is it so crowded?" Violet asked as the bouncer let them through.

"Probably another rapper in the building," Natalie said pulling her towards their section.

Violet watched as her friend greeted other girls in their section. They all seemed like nice high-class women. They smiled at Violet complimenting her. She smiled back not sure how to socialize.

"Relax, girl." Natalie encouraged bringing her to the dance floor.

Violet felt all her senses going at once. She tried not to look stupid on the dance floor as Natalie moved her hips. Her ears perked up as Retail Therapy played through the speakers. Violet ignored the first sign of the night as she continued to dance.

More people started coming to the sparkling dance floor. Violet's back hit a stranger. She turned around speaking to the man, "My bad!"

Her eyes widened as she looked at the man in front of her. His eyes were familiar but he looked different, "Juke?"

He flashed a smile at her showing off his grills, "Vi?"

"No fucking way." Violet hugged the boy she once knew like she was his older sister.

"Hi." He said shyly.

Violet rolled her eyes, "What are you doing here? Don't tell me you're twenty-one already?"

He nodded, "Today actually."

Violet frowned a bit, "Shit, I'm sorry I don't remember much nowadays. Happy Birthday."

He waved her off, "You're good. It was nice seeing you."

She kissed his cheek but recoiled once she saw the red lipstick stain, "My bad, again."

"Nah leave it. I like how it looks." He gave her a wave hugging her once more before treading deeper into the club.

Violet felt sad that she hadn't seen Juke since she was sixteen but he had given her grace despite her disappearance.

"Are you good?" Natalie asked after watching her exchange.

"Can we step out for a minute?" Violet was overwhelmed with emotion and seeing people drink and party didn't help.

Juke made his way back to his overcrowded section. His brother was busily motioning for the bottle girls to start circling him. They were closer to the club speakers feeling the base of the drill music. The sparklers on the top shelf alcohol made him feel special despite seeing his brother's ex ex ex girlfriend.

"Bro, why you got that look on your face?" Oakley asked looking extremely flashy for someone who was so lowkey.

Juke shrugged his shoulder. Oakley noticed the lipstick stain. It instantly reminded him of someone he knew, "Don't tell me you already got some pussy?"

Oakley watched as his brother laughed, "Nah but I saw Violet."

His eyes danced around the club at the mention of her name, "Where?"

Juke raised his hand pointing to her section, "Calm down. She's over there."

"And you weren't gonna tell me? Piece of shit honestly."

"Nah man. I was gonna say something but then you brought them chicks."

Oakley pushed his brother out of the way scanning the crowd. He watched as Natalie led Violet outside. He pushed past the drunken bodies and the fans who seemed to notice him. Trying to keep a polite face he escorted himself outside. His security team followed pushing people rudely. 

Violet took a deep breath once they reached the emergency exit. The darkness of the night hid them in the back alley. They left the door ajar in case they wanted to go back inside. The flickering neon lights leaked into the darkness. 

Natalie rubbed her cold arms. Even in the middle of December, Violet wasn't cold, "Bitch you're not cold?"

Violet shook her head feeling calm again, "Recovery tactic."

Nat smiled, "Were you enjoying yourself at least? I'm sorry about the triggers."

Violet smiled, "I enjoyed it. No need to apologize I get triggered every day, don't worry."

The exit door screeched open. The girls turned on high alert. Violet felt her heart skip a beat when she saw him looking breathless. He smiled when his head turned seeing her for the first time in days. 

Violet knew that it was a sign from the universe. Everything was falling into place she just had to chase it. Natalie lifted an eyebrow feeling the tension rise, "I'm gonna head back inside. Just text me your location."

Violet nodded rubbing her lips together. Natalie gave Oakley a small wave excited for the two of them. Violet watched as Natalie left leaving the two of them, not including his security team watching his back. 

"Central Cee has a security team, that's kinda crazy. I didn't realize you were that famous." Violet said stepping towards him. 

He eyed her body noticing her red dress, "Where's your coat?"

Violet laughed, "You're always trynna protect me. I'm fine. Like I told Nat, it's a recovery tactic."

Violet watched his eyes dance around her exposed skin. Even with just a look she was lighting up inside and out. He drug his finger across her collarbone gently wrapping his hand around her neck. Violet lifted her head up giving him more access. 

"You look different." He whispered wanting to kiss her badly. 

Violet smiled genuinely, "When you are on drugs you don't eat."

She stepped closer to her. The warmth from his torso flickered over hers. His free hand ran down her back stopping at her dress zipper. Her curves tempted him and he wanted her more than ever. 

Feeling more certain than before Violet pecked his lips almost leaving behind a lipstick stain, "You free tonight?" She asked. 

His brown eyes traced her face, "Yes."

Authors Note:

omg we got a spicy chapter coming!

vote and comment.