234: It's Not What You Believe

Start from the beginning

"So is this it then?" Marrow asked. "We all live happily ever after and go on with our  lives? It's weird to think about it. Is it bad if I wish the General could have seen this too?"

Robyn shook her head. "I don't know, Wags, things happened the way they happened. But at least it happened with us on the winning side. Salem is gone, Ozma is gone, we can rebuild. It's never been a better time to be me, that's for sure. Things that were in my way are mostly gonna be gone. There's going to be new challenges, sure, I get that, but they seem surmountable compared to what we went through. Don't you heroes all feel the same."

"That is kind of what I feel like," Blake said.

"There you are," Kali had finally found her, Gira and Illea were with her.

"Blake!" Illea hugged her. "I can't believe it! It was incredible. The entire world just got to see Faunus honored for helping to save it, and you defeated... whoever that person was. Did you ever think this would happen?"

"No, never," Blake laughed lightly. "I'm glad you could make it."

"Of course," Illea said. "And Sun found you again, huh?"

"He always seems to," Blake said.

Illea nodded. "I'm really happy... Things are changing, I can tell."

"Indeed they are," Kali said. "The Faunus have made such strides because of all this--I hate to say that we succeeded because of the terrible tragedies of the kingdoms, but in another way, rising above it has seemed to empower us. It's not going to be easy to remove prejudices components, but Blake, we've made real strides, I think if we keep it up, it's going to be different. We've seen so much change in the last year."

Blake looked amazed. "So... we've really already helped? I know you've been saying that, but I guess I just couldn't believe it, not while we were fighting Salem."

"You tried to the right thing by the world," Gira said. "But following your example, the rest of us started to see that it was also going to help us. That's not why we did it, but that's how it worked out. And now that you've been recognized by all of the councils, it's even more official. I can't imagine a Faunus leader like me being part of that ceremony 50 years ago. We just want you to know, you've already changed things."

"I feel like I did so little of it," Blake said.

"You were there," Kali said. "Sometimes dear, you just have to be there, that's the most important part. Being part of things."

Blake sniffled. "I guess I just had to figure that out after all."

"Oh, don't cry again," Yang was not being overly sensitive. "We're supposed to be celebrating. Neptune are you going to dance with me or what?"

"You've seen me dance before and you're asking me that?" Neptune winced. "I'll kill any street cred I got back from this."

"Oh please, no one's going to think less of the heroes of the world if they can't dance," Yang snorted. "Besides, I'll teach you. I'm good at that."

"True..." Blake said.

"Anyway, no one will be looking at you, they'll be looking at me," Yang tossed her hair.

"Also probably true, for better or worse," Emerald muttered. "But dancing doesn't sound so bad, what do you think, Merc?"

"I don't really want to," he said.

Emerald pouted.

"I guess maybe for a short time, I wouldn't want to kill your buzz," he said.

"Since I don't want to schmooze, let's just go now," Emerald said.