Qinalong promoted her to Noble Consort and promoted Meiruo to Consort. Ying Luo eyes widened, not expecting this. She and Meiruo bowed, thanking Qianlong.

᪥᪥᪥

Yanwan was angrily walking through the streetsShe had lost her daughter and her status was low again. "I hope Consort Ling did lose too much blood! That Ying Luo should have bled to death!"

"Bled to death?" 

Yanwan saw Ying Luo, and she did the small bow with her hand raised up "Consort Ling." She did the bare minimum of respect. Wei Ying Luo was done with Wei Yanwan. 

"Attendant Wei, I seem to hear you curse me?" 

Ming Yu was glaring at Yanwan as she put up a smile. Oh, she was done for. 

"I wouldn't dare."

Ying Luo let out a small chuckle, coming close to Yamwan, face to face before slapping Yanwan so hard she fell to the ground, "Everyone says the dog attacks when the tiger is down, but I believe when one is a tiger, they won't be bullied by a crawling dog. And I refuse to let a dog win. Yanwan, you broke our truce. Even if you manage to find some way to save yourself, it won't be enough. A slap on the face is the least of your worries ."

᪥᪥᪥

Ying Luo played with her son and daughter, who grew up so quickly. She had had her children raised by her side now–Ruyi thought that would lift her spirits. But the return of the High Princess was enough to put her back on guard,; if she had remembered well, Jingse was  haughty and unbending. 

The morning greeting was something. The slight remarks that Jingse made to Ruyi and Luyan were pretty much slander about the way she managed the harem. Still upset about  her marriage arrangement, she was pushing the buttons, but Ying Luo pushed back when no other consort would.

 "Princess, His Majesty is in his golden era, the world is flourishing, therefore Her Highness managed accordingly. Yes, Empress Xiaoxian was an example of frugality and virtue. If His Majesty didn't think she could manage the harem, he would not have appointed Her Highness to live up to that exception that has been set."

Jingse looked like she saw a ghost, "Mother Ling, I heard you had a miscarriage and won't be able to have children for four three years." she said it as an insult but Ying Luo wasn't phased, she was glad she wasn't serving at the moment. She did not have to deal with Qianlong. 

"Yes, I know my duties as a consort, but my health is getting better, and I have carried twins, a dragon, and a phoenix. That is a rarity within the imperial family. Someday when my health is better, I will continue to expand the bloodline. I hope the same for you, Princess."

Silence. 

Jingse said nothing else, only glared as Ying Luo gave a respectful smile. 

᪥᪥᪥

Years passed like the blink of an eye. Ying Lup was fully recovered and serving again. Ming Yu groaned. "Imperial Concubine Min is so slick! She managed to escape punishment, and has the Princess on her side. Ying Luo, why aren't you stopping her? She had been slowly climbing the ranks"

"If I stop her now, would that do anything? His Majesty clearly favors her, and she is slowly climbing to the top." Ying Luo made a small stroke on the paper, "I regained my strength and health, we are both wounded, slowly healing for our next battle. The Princess is merely her pawn in her game. The higher she rises, the more bold she will get. Soon her boldness and desire to become more powerful  will be her undoing. She already got rid of her maid, it won't be long before she gets rid of Jin Zhong and Chun Chan. That is when I will strike."