Chapter XIII

Ying Luo cursed to herself when Nanny Tian ended up dead. So Yanwan did know. She groaned–the one link to get rid of Yanwan. That plan had failed and failed quickly.

About six months into her pregnancy, Yanwan finally struck. Tired of her getting in her way, she devised a plan that forced her to give birth too early. Her plan was subtle–no one suspected Yanwan, including Qianlong

Her beloved son died and she miscarried. She was so careful . She was never supposed to slip, but as all things, she was not perfect. Yanwan took advantage of this and struck where it hurt. She screamed in pain as she delivered a still-born baby. She sobbed and could not stop. She lost her child and the bleeding would prevent her from having another child for at least three years, or at worse never again. 

The fifteenth prince, Yong Yun, was lost.

Ying Luo sobbed in Ruyi's arms like a child. She had saved her elder sister's child but couldn't save her own. Qianlong avoided her, not wanting to even deal with a miscarriage. He said comforting yet empty words and left. Ying Luo never needed him anyway; Hai Lan, and Meiruo comforted her. The people closest to her helped her up.

Oh, retribution was coming.

She knew exactly who did this.

Ying Luo's lyes lit up with fire.  

᪥᪥᪥

Yanwan's mother…was an annoyance . And Yanwan riding the high of being pregnant and pampered. Although she lost to Ruyi, she won by putting down Ying Luo, affecting her health. Jin Zhong praised her for finally taking out Ying Luo, who was sick and basically unfavored by all accounts.

But Ying Luo was already planning a counterattack. Yanwan's mother was just as stupid as her daughter. Ying Luo over the months regained her strength. She had been too comfortable, made too bold by her successive victories. But she was a graceful loser and waited for the perfect opportunity to strike back at Yanwan

And when the voodoo doll scandal came up, it was a show. Ying Luo was with Ying and Chun when the old Madam Wei entered the room. Who did she think she was,  being loud and calling His Majesty son-in-law when she was going to be charged with black magic?

Oh, this was going to be a walk in the park if nothing goes wrong. Looks like the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

"Such passion, how rare." Meiruo said, a subtle insult, Ying Luo hid her face with her handkerchief, chuckling at the old woman's expression. There was zero class with these women.

 She was too stupid. She ran her mouth and got herself in trouble, the questioning also mentioning the fourth prince that was almost killed, and that they colluded to kill the fifteen prince with Zhulu. Ying Luo's sharp wits were about to crush Yanwan's mother, bringing her closer to a confession that Yanwan did it all. But Yanwan came right on time. And basically blamed all the crimes on her own mother .

If Ying Luo did have any respect for Yanwan, it was gone now. 

Of course, the Emperor  believed that, and Yanwan went into labor at the moment that her mother was sent to die. Ying Luo sent Ming Yu and Hai Lan sent Yexin to pester Yanwan in labor, and Yanwan's first birth was a princess. Ying Luo wanted to laugh when she heard the news–nothing wrong with a princess, but she was definitely not as blessed. She kept bragging about having a prince. What she received was a princess. 

Ying Luo and Meiruo accompanied Qianlong with the Step Empress.

 "Princess?" Meriuo said, Ying Luo hid a smirk as Jin Zhong tried to get Yanwan favors, but after attempting to kill his beloved Fourteen Prince and killing his Fifteenth, it was done. Qianlong gave the Eighth Princess to Meiruo, and demoted Yanwan to second class female attendant. Qianlong looked at Ying Luo and gave some half ass words of comfort. Ying Luo smiled and bowed her head, like a good consort; she was still aching, but did not tell him that. Ruyi knew Ying Luo and the inner pain she held by losing her child