Ying Luo hid a smirk. She may dislike Jia, and she was certainly very much suspicious of her motives, but she was effortless in insulting A'ruo, and it flew over the little fool Shen's head. "Imperial concubine Jia, you must be joking, I've served His Majesty's bed a lot. How many days do I really throw a tantrum?"

Almost every day, even the servants talk about you in whispers. You're not serving in bed as you think you are, Ying Luo thought. Oh, this poor, poor bitch. She was in the fighting ring, and she brought out serving in bed? Does she have any class and prudence in her words? A'ruo was as crude as ever. And of course, Noble Consort Hui corrected her.

During the winter festival, the Emperor's intention was made more clear. Ruyi got little jabs in on the empress, and she decided to hide her anger towards the emperor.

"It's the same for A'ruo, too. Isn't it not so?" A'ruo was startled, and Ying Luo hid a smirk, at the words she wanted to say. She had to hold it in. A'ruo was getting targeted left and right. Somehow, Jia and Ruyi were on the same team for a moment. And A'ruo was quiet.

"Noble Lady Shen, you should toast to Consort Xian as your former mistress, now she's back to undo an injustice. Now reunited in a family banquet," Qianlong said. And A'ruo had to oblige and so did Ruyi. Suo Xin and Ying Luo tried not to glare daggers into the former maid. "Seeing how happy you are, I want to promote you to an Imperial Concubine."

Ying Luo theory was spot on. Why would he promote her that high, yet not give her own palace?

After the banquet, the Ruyi and her entourage walked and stopped by the opening of the street upon noticing A'ruo and the Imperial Concubine Jia and her maid embroiled in an argument. When Jia slapped A'ruo, Ying Luo covered her mouth holding back a laugh. Even Jai's maid insulted A'ruo and it meant nothing.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

Spring passed, and there was another banquet, and the emperor gave everyone pearls. At this point, Ying Luo knew it was a matter of time before A'ruo would be outed and thrown out to the ditch. When A'ruo opened her box, she screamed out, throwing the box away from her. Everyone's attention was on her.

Jia stood up to gain a closer look from her seat, " yo, all of us received one donghai pearl, sister Shen, what is that red item in your box?"

Mei looked closer and gasped in fear, "Your Majesty it's- it's Cinnabar."

Oh shit, Ying Luo thought. It's show time.

A'ruo stood up, "Your Majesty, Cinnabar is poison."

"Is that not an appropriate gift? Cinnabar will turn into mercury when in contact with hot water. This is the most appropriate for you." Qianlong responded, and A'ruo immediately went to the center of the banquet hall to bow. "Yuhu, tell everyone about this."

"Yes." The Gugu stepped forward and explained what she had found. "Yes. Based on His Majesty's order, I investigated the events where the children of Imperial Concubine Yi and Imperial Concubine Mei were harmed. Xiao Lanzi, who testified that Her Highness Consort Xian had died. Xiao Lanzi's brother, Xiao Fuzi, who used to serve Her Highness Consort Xian cuts grass on Mount Weng. Xiao Anzi's been assigned to the Imperial tomb, doing harsh work. I sent people to their hometowns to investigate. They saw Xiao Fuzi and Xiao Anzi's family living a luxurious life out of nowhere. When they were interrogated, it was found that the money came from Imperial Concubine Shen."

Ying Luo smirked, she couldn't hide it anymore. A'ruo was trying to crawl herself out of the hole she dug herself in, "Your Majesty, I didn't do anything like that. I didn't have any contacts and dealings with Xiao Lanzi and Xiao Anzi. I didn't know anything about their families!"

A Peaceful Springजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें