Chapter 10 - Heavy rain hits heavily

Potential Trigger warning in this one, some scenes are, well, heavy hitting, both literally and figuratively, mentions of abuse and overall shitty family life, be warned

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting through the night proved to be quite an experience. Even though Emira was still next to me I felt all the memories of today returning. I mindlessly stared at the ceiling trying my best to fall asleep again. After half an hour I gave up and grabbed a book, while at the same time trying to make sure not to wake up Em. Thanks to the miraculous gift called 'The Good Witch Azura' I was able to at least partially escape my demons. I didn't even finish a chapter when I heard the hissing sound outside. Perfect, boiling rain, exactly what I needed now... Picking up the book once again I braced myself for another long reading night, but that's when it struck me. Father will be home tomorrow.

After many hours of repetitive self-pity and rather unsuccessful attempts to distract myself with reading, I finally got around half an hour of sleep. Sadly, it turns out that dreams are even worse than your own conscious mind. It was time to get out of bed and figure out a day plan consisting mostly of trying my best to avoid my parents.

It all looked so easy, morning routine, grab as much food as possible from the kitchen and lock myself in my room for the rest of the day. It would have been perfect aside from the fact that they were already waiting for me downstairs...

"Well hello dear, care to take a seat. I think there are some pressing matters requiring our immediate attention."

"Good morning, thank you for your offer but I prefer to stand."

"That wasn't an offer Amity, sit down." My father said looking me dead in the eye. I complied and took the farthest chair possible. "Care to explain why we have to hear about your pathetic failures on missions for the second time this week?"

"I-"

"Don't act like you are shocked Amity, Kikimora had to inform us in the middle of the night about your lackluster performance on a special task. You are truly a disappointment."

"I didn't do anything wrong yesterday."

"Silence! I did not give you permission to speak child. Now you will carefully listen to what I have to say. Fail us one more time, damage our reputation one more time, and I promise you won't have to come back home."

"I- I... of course, I will do my best."

"To aid in your redemption we will notify Kikimora that you are more than eager to accompany her on more missions in order to atone for your mistakes." My mom said, but as I heard that something broke in me.

"Oh, there is no way I'm going on a mission with this psychopath ever again. Now you listen to me Mother, I'm working myself off for the coven and the only thing I get in return is your complaining."

"Hush brat! Don't you dare speak to me like that." she said slapping me.

"Yes... I'm sorry..." No, I wasn't having it "or you know what, I'm not sorry, how dare you to treat me like that, I'm your daughter, I do my best just to please your sick fantasies about political world dominance and you still treat me like garbage." I felt the abomination goo forming around my hand, I was ready to give back the punch. "Touch me one more time and I promise you, I won't hold..." I got struck with something, I ended up hitting the wall on the other side of the room. I was covered in abomination gunk and saw my father slowly approaching.

"Use this tone one more time, I dare you Amity, and believe me when I say that lack of a place to stay will be your smallest problem." He was about to deliver the second shot, which he always calls 'making sure you remember everything clearly' , when someone held him back