Chapter 4 - Time for some fluff

I know that the last chapter ended with a cliffhanger but time to get sidetracked a little, don't worry by the end of the chapter it all will be resolved, well, mostly XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally made my way to the Owl House, as I got through the last line of trees, I saw Eda chilling in front of the building, so I decided to pull a little prank on her. I started running and yelling.

"Eda, Eda, EDA!!!!" She falls out of her chair scared and confused.

"Wha, what is happening, is the house on fire?" I look at her with an evil smile on my face.

"Actually, nothing is happening, just wanted to get your attention."

"Luz, if you do that again I will feed you to demons in the forest." I look at her and make sweet eyes, I probably look like special-needs Puss in Boots and say.

"Would you really do that 🥺👉👈"

"You better stop using this weird human magic on me" She pauses for a second "Now that I think of it you can repay me for your sins by helping me out a little bit" Perfect. I got myself into a quest, hopefully, it won't be some boring potion delivery like last time. "You may take King with you; I think you will need him" she continues "Basically I need one tiny ingredient for my elixir since Morton is out of stock. Have you ever heard of Fluff Bush?

"No, not really" I reply, "Should I have learned about it?"

"Nah, King will help you, he is after all a specialist, now go find him." As I turned away, I almost hit Hooty's face, he was staring at the back of my head all this time. Uh, creepy.

"Can I go with you Luzzzzz, pleaseee, it's so booooring here, being the door and everything?"

"No, no way." I say with determination.

"Hold on kiddo, that's not a bad idea, it will play perfectly into this being a punishment' Eda says with an evil grin on her face. Perfect, now I will be stuck with Hooty for the whole journey. I go inside to find Portable Hooty Bag, I can already hear his excitement noises outside, if he is rolling in mud again, I swear, I won't be the one cleaning him. As I'm already inside I spot King sleeping on the sofa, so I quickly grab him and tell him that we have an urgent mission.

"As an almighty King of Demons, I have obligation to no one, let me sleep, do your mission yourself." he says with his usual entitled tone. I look away and say.

"Well, that's a bummer, I guess all the glory for completing the mission will go to Hooty" When he heard that he immediately jumped off the sofa and said.

"No way he is getting any glory when I'm around, we shall proceed with this dangerous quest."

"Perfectly, now let's go" I go to the door to get Hooty into the backpack, I'm not thrilled that I will have to see the horrid image of the door without him, but life is life. After getting ready we set out into the forest, I get one last kinda annoyed look at Eda, she is sleeping on a chair, having a great time while I have to do all the dirty work... I suppose that's not really a surprise but still kinda annoying.

"Actually Luz, what are we looking for?" King asks.

"For something called the Fluff Bush, Eda said you will know what that is, honestly, I didn't know you were a plant expert." As I say that King's eyes widen.

"Yhmmm, Luz, well, it's not really a plant, it's a type of worm demon, Fluff Bushes are extremely dangerous, are you sure that's what Eda needs?" Now it makes sense, Eda not only wants the ingredient but also to test me, well now I must succeed to prove my worth.