"I thought you were getting ready.." I caught myself acting out of character and locked the door behind me.

"I am, I was thinking a bun should get me through the day," she paid no mind to walk past me to the vanity mirror and grab a hair tie.

The perfume is in her hair...

"And waste the fragrance?" I raised a brow at her.

Lillian's giggle has became the most addicting thing for me to hear over the months.

"Nobody's wasting anything," she spun on her heel with that dark glimmer in her eye as she smiles.

"What's the point in spraying perfume in your hair if it's going to be in a bun all day?" I retorted.

She's as easily amused as I am irritated.

"The day just started and I put it on just for you," she comes back to approach me after applying her favorite body oil.

"Moisturizing but no shower? You filthy animal," I smirked at her and she decides to wrap her arms around my neck and straddle my hips, sitting in my lap.

"Come lick me clean," she purred into my lips before her tongue licks just the brim teasingly.

"As if the scent of Hennessy and apple pie is irresistible," I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her closer.

Lillian uses the momentum to fall over me and our lips crash before I could lay on my back.

I nipped her collar bone and she hitched a breath.

"Delicious..." I chuckled and my tongue goes up her neck for me to hold her by the chin and pull her in for the sloppiest kiss.

"Fuck..." she whimpered out of breath, my eyes focused on the sight of her chest flushing pink and I couldn't get enough.

Her phone goes off in the midst of it all as we're lost in the moment, but she reaches for it.

"Don't you dare," I growled.

"Oh, please," she shuddered reaching for it to turn it off and tossed it across the room carelessly making me laugh.

She started grinding into me and I was about to slip out of my sweat shirt until my phone started to go off.

"It might be kent," she mindlessly kissed my neck as her hands went underneath my sweatshirt.

"He's so damn needy," I started to get irritated and she giggled.

"Not as needy as me. Answer it so we don't have to hear from him again," she pecked my nose.

"If only it were that simple," I sighed.

I let out a soft grunt and reach over to my night stand and snatched the phone, "what," I almost barked.

"Lillian wouldn't pick up so I thought you might. How long are you two going to be out- not that I don't mind the mother daughter bonding but we do have a wedding to plan and a retirement on our clocks," Kent spoke.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"We're in the area, just jet lagged- well, I am. Lillian is getting ready to meet with the planner she booked for today about live music. She picked Carter and Eleanora Cammery out of sentimental value and their credentials. Something about the planner being able to match the theme with the music- details these damn days," I groaned.

But it's probably best if I come along considering I know who the wedding planner is.

Lillian is going to be in for a treat.. Kent will remain clueless about the situation.

"Stefani, it's Lillian's big day as it is mine. I can't express how grateful I am to say you came a long ways to turn the corner and come to terms that this wedding will happen," Kent reminded me.

"Yeah well- I'm getting older. I can't sabotage your love life for the rest of mine. But I will choose my battles with caution," I justified.

"Stefani, no trouble," he warned.

"As if I'm the one who'll suffer the most from it," I scoffed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He got curious.

"It means, after all the shit you've done... Who's to say you get happiness and that it's guaranteed?" I snapped.

"Is this about the fish?" He struck a nerve.

"It's about your authoritative figure on you mindlessly trying to be a man and have no fucking clue on how to do it," I scoffed in disbelief.

"As if a girl can tell a man how to be a man," he snapped.

"As if a man can tell a woman how to be a woman," i grunted.

"Can we not get into this? Just accompany Lillian today while she plans the wedding," he sighed tiredly.

"Whatever. She wants you there with her during the planning. It's your wedding too like you said," I rolled my eyes.

"I'm busy rearranging things with the company," he reasoned but very terribly.

"So much for a man, in what regards to the company are you rearranging? The insides of your assistant or-

"Stefani!" He roared.

"Or the fact that the numbers are complete shit and you're trying to fix it without being noticed before I go into office?" My intel made him fall silent.

"W-who told you about that?" He was completely off guard.

"Accompany Lillian today with her booked meeting with the planner and I'll decide whether or not to tell you or tell the press," I hung up and tossed the phone.

"You two will never get along," Lillian almost looked sad.

"At this point, I don't care," I flopped on my back laying down.

"I didn't hear much, but what set you off?" She sat on my hips and laid her hand at the center of my chest with her messy hair draping down.

"He has the nerve to try to put me in my place with me not having the ability to tell a man how to be a man and he can't even set aside time to accompany you to day to help plan a wedding HE'S THE GROOM FOR. Oh for fuck sake, I provoked him into coming. I need him to take this wedding as seriously as possible so it'll emotionally damage his ego to the fullest extent," I sighed and looked up at the ceiling.

"Don't forget that we can be one step closer to getting married ourselves," Lillian leaned down to rest her head into my neck and I held her even tighter.

"I haven't forgotten," I chuckled and pecked the top of her head.

"Morning sex is already ruined?" She almost sounded disappointed.

"Neither one of us has showered-

"You smell too clean to not shower but worked out this morning!" She was in disbelief.

"Wet wipes. I don't like the feeling of sweat and filth after working out. I feel sticky," I laughed.

"So you're clean majority of the times? Not that I mind you covered in sweat.." Lillian cocked a brow.

"Lillian, are we going to have shower sex or not?" I made her break a laugh.

"Hot or cold water- can we please do hot this time? I had goosebumps the last time and it took a fireplace and so many fur blankets to warm up the last time," she practically pouted.

"But the sex lasted even longer because you were cold," I reasoned and she bit her lip.

"We have an appointment todayyyy," she reminded me.

"Just run the water," I threw a towel at her and she laughed.

"...doesn't matter the temperature, the air will be intoxicating with you around," I mumbled.

We're so close to the end, I'm all the more on edge about this..