Chapter Nine

Jayden's hand rested on the handle of door 90.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Something tells me there's something sinister past these doors," Jayden frowned.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Same," Eleanor nodded.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Great. Your spidey-senses think so too," Jayden smiled. Eleanor glared at him with a funny face and took a deep breath. "But you have the crucifix, soooooo weeee shoooouuuuld be okay?"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"We should." Jayden sighed. "Well, I don't want to wait around to find out. Let's go."

ㅤㅤㅤㅤHe turned the handle and door 90 swung open, the room plunged in darkness.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

.

.

.

Someone will die

(Not very graphically though)

.

.

.

ㅤㅤㅤEleanor blinked, then blinked again and again until her eyes adjusted to the darkness. Before she could take in her surroundings, Jayden suddenly grabbed her arm and started to drag her across the room.

ㅤㅤㅤ"We don't have any time to stare at this place," he said.

ㅤㅤㅤThe two of them dashed across the room, and Eleanor could see dying flowers stationed in boxes that surrounded the sides of the room. Vines creeped up the windows, and just as Eleanor looked away from the windows, there was a flash of lightning that lit up the entire room for one bit and the following sound of thunder. Back at the hotel, the sky was a dark blue-ish color, but now, against the darkness of the room, it looked like a pale purple, but still barely generating any light. Jayden shrieked and Eleanor saw several spikey things impaling his foot.

ㅤㅤㅤ"I AM GOING TO KILL THIS THING," Jayden yelled, trying to pull his foot off. The spikes seemed to stare at him for one long moment, deciding if he was worthy to be freed or not, and retracted in a sudden movement that made Jayden stumble backwards. He caught himself and stomped on the plant thingy.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Idiot, it could have gotten you again when you stomped on it," Eleanor muttered.

ㅤㅤㅤ"NO, BECAUSE THEN I WOULD BURN IT AND ITS FAMILY TO ASHES." Jayden 

ㅤㅤㅤ"It's just a plant, geez! And your foot will be fine! We ate the herb, remember?"

ㅤㅤㅤ"Hmmm," Jayden mused, as if he didn't believe that the herb would be able to heal a foot stabbed by a very specific plant.

ㅤㅤㅤJayden opened the next door and Eleanor's 'spidey-senses' instantly turned on. 

ㅤㅤㅤ"Something's coming," she whispered. Jayden drew in a sharp breath and flicked his lighter on. There were closet-like things at the edges of the room they were in, and both of them quickly dashed to individual ones. Eleanor could see Jayden trying to strain his hearing, but she waved at him and said, "I'll tell you once I hear Rush."