Chapter Three

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Well, do you wanna get in a closet in case- OH MY GOD!" Eleanor tumbled into Jayden, knocking him to the ground. She stumbled onto the floor next to him a few moments later.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"WHAT!?" Jayden demanded. Eleanor pointed to something on the wall.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤIt was an eye.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤAn eye surrounded by black goo, and it was staring right at them.

_________________________________________________________

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"whatthefuck-" Jayden whispered, standing up. Eleanor trembled on the ground next to him, prompting him to stamp his foot next to her head again, making her jump up. She didn't say anything or complain, and just kept staring at the eye while shaking.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤJayden sidled over to the eye and moved a bit to the left, and sure enough, it followed. He walked a bit farther away from the eye, and once he was almost out of the room, the eye turned to stare at Eleanor.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" She shrieked, jumping back and falling onto the floor again.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Oh for fucks sake the eye ain't even dangerous!" Jayden said, walking over to Eleanor and dragging her up.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"HOW WOULD YOU KNOW THAT?!" She demanded.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤJayden sighed and walked over to the eye, tapping his finger on the black goo first, then on the white part of the eye, and then finally the pupil. Nothing happened, other than a sudden blinking movement of the eye.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"See? Harmless. Now stop whining and let's go."

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Just because it's not killing us right now doesn't mean it can't later!" Eleanor cried.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"THAT'S WHY WE'RE GOING TO THE NEXT DOOR," Jayden said angrily. "COME ON."

ㅤㅤㅤㅤHowever, as Jayden opened the next door, even more of the black goo eyes appeared as the lights flickered. Eleanor screeched and tried to run back into the last room, but Jayden caught her by her hair and pulled her back.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"OW!" She screamed.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"That's what you get for trying to run!" Jayden hissed.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"WHAT ABOUT THE EYES-"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"DO THEY LOOK LIKE THEY COULD HURT YOU?"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"YES???"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"WELL THEY CAN'T-!"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"THERE'S NO WAY TO TELL!" 

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"I LITERALLY POKED THE EYE AND IT DID NOTHING!"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"THAT DOESN'T PROVE ANYTHING!"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"SHUT UP." Jayden snarled and grabbed Eleanor by the arm, dragging her to the next room. More eyes appeared when he opened the door and he slammed a hand over Eleanor's mouth before she could shriek again. She made an angry sound of protest, but by the time Jayden had reached the next door and more eyes had popped up, she stopped complaining.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤAfter opening door 34, the eyes disappeared. The two were in a long hallway lined with windows, with a few tables, drawers, and closets on the side.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"See? The eyes didn't do anything! They're gone now!" Jayden said.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"I... this hallway feels off though," Eleanor whimpered.