Chapter Five

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"I'm pretty sure it's blind," Eleanor whispered. Jayden tried to take a step, but when his foot touched the ground, he heard the monster roar again and it's footsteps getting faster and louder. 

ㅤㅤㅤㅤJust as Jayden was about to try and run, Eleanor grabbed his arm and made a shushing motion. Jayden stopped and stared at the monster as it charged towards them, then suddenly stopped and resumed it's weird pattern of stomping around.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"If it can't see, I'm sure it's other senses are very good," Eleanor said quietly.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"How come it can't hear you talking?"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Does it look like it has ears?"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"That's not-"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"It's because it senses vibrations, I'm pretty sure," Eleanor explained. "So we're going to have to move around quietly."

ㅤㅤㅤㅤThe two crouched and began walking around the library, keeping eyes on the monster as it stomped up the stairs that led to another big door- the door to freedom.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"There's a code," Eleanor said, pointing at the lock on the door.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Fucking hell," Jayden muttered. As the two walked behind a bookshelf, Jayden winced as something rang in his ear.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Do you hear that?"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Yeah..." Eleanor turned around and tried to find out what was making the sound. She walked past Jayden and flinched when the ringing got louder. "Aha!" She snatched a book from the shelf they were next to and the ringing stopped. She opened it and found herself looking at two pages: | X | 3 |

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"...Ok," Eleanor put the book back. 

ㅤㅤㅤㅤThe shape and it's matching number were imprinted into their memories.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Yo, look at this." Eleanor walked over to Jayden, who was holding up a piece of paper. "It's got something about finding books and using this 'code' to unlock the door.'

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Ooohhh I see," Eleanor nodded. "So we have to find the books with these shapes, and the numbers that match the shapes are the code!"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"How hard could THAT be?" Jayden snorted. At that moment, the two heard a roar and turned around to see the monster stomp past the bookshelf behind them, then turn around and started moving back towards the staircase.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Extremely hard with that thing around," Eleanor whimpered.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"It's blind though," Jayden shrugged. "And it's footsteps are extremely loud. You'd easily be able to tell when it's nearby, and you could hide."

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Hide where?"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"In the closets duh," Jayden said, then facepalmed. "Oh right, Hide."

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Hide isn't in here," Eleanor said.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"How do you know?"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"I don't feel it's presence in the closets."

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"You can do that-?"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Yes, now let's go find books." Eleanor said, walking away crouched. Jayden sighed and walked towards the bookshelves opposite of her. Every once in a while, he would hear ringing, but never saw any books. They're probably on the other side of the bookshelf...