Chapter Four

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"...what was that?" Eleanor squeaked as she carefully stepped out of the closet.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"I have no idea..." Jayden mumbled. "If that thing keeps following Rush, we're gonna have to be much more careful."

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"But it hasn't followed Rush up until now," Eleanor pointed out. "But why?"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Have fun figuring it out," Jayden shrugged, walking towards the next door which happened to be open. Eleanor followed him, and as he walked into the next room Jayden could see something white surrounded by green and pink quickly hop away, making a weird-ass sound.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"It sounds like my mom vacuuming the basement at two am," Eleanor commented, shuddering because of the noise.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"what"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"What?"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Y'know wha- let's just go."

ㅤㅤㅤㅤAfter the two players left, Ambush was still gawking at the purple-haired one's comment about her. (Ambush actually sounds like a vacuum cleaner not gonna lie💀)

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"She's not wrong," Rush sneered, suddenly appearing behind Ambush.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Says you! If I go and ask one of them about how you sound, I bet they'd make a snarky comment too!" Ambush retorted.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Rush giggled. "You're louder and much more annoying though."

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"And who gave you that opinion?" Ambush demanded.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Our last visitors, duh! I heard [REDACTED3] say you were pretty obnoxious," Rush replied, smirking. "Anyways, can we go check out that red thing that was following me now?"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO GO SEE WHAT IT IS???" Ambush screeched. "It's clearly faster than both of us! If it's hostile, we're dead!"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Those humans survived though," Rush pointed out. "We can just hide in a closet in case! It's not like Hide will push us out."

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"That's if it comes to us. If you purposefully try to 'check it out' by going close to it, what TIME is there to hide?" Ambush cried.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Who said we were getting close to it? I can see it just fine from this door!" Rush laughed, walking past Ambush and looking at the thing from the open door. Ambush slowly walked behind Rush and peeked over his shoulder. It was OBVIOUSLY red, surrounded with a red hue(duh), and part of it looked like it was almost melting. The red thing suddenly popped into humanoid form, startling the two. Or at least, it LOOKED like a humanoid form.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Yo, that's an entity!" Rush said.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Does that really matter?" Ambush groaned. "It's not from the hotel... who knows what-"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤBefore Ambush could finish her sentence, the entity turned around, probably aware that there were others around, and Ambush quickly dragged Rush out of view. 

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Nu-uh, we're outta here," Ambush whispered-screamed, beginning to drag Rush away.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Uhggg, you're such a coward!" Rush complained. "Look, you can go, but I'm staying."

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"And die!?" Ambush cried. "I'm not being a coward. I'm trying to keep us both safe."

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"It's fine! I'll take care of myself, I promise," Rush said. They suddenly heard some footsteps that appeared be getting closer and closer. Rush told Ambush to get the other entities and sent her away before turning around to find himself a few feet away from the new entity. It stopped walking towards him once it noticed he was looking at it.