𓋼𓍊𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘣𝘺𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘰𝘤𝘪𝘦𝘵𝘺𓍊𓋼

eden pov

I sat in my bedroom, looking out the window. Allison sat in my desk chair, spinning, staring into space. It was so strange to be here. At some point, we were loud strangers. Now we're quiet friends, barely talking, but closer than before. As I watched the sun set over the river, I saw Ivy pull into my driveway, her getting out, and walking into my house. Allison was still in her seat, just less movement. Suddenly, Ivy walked in, and seated herself on the floor. "So.. why did you want us here?" She said confused, and I stayed quiet, zoned out on the river. "I'll tell you when Emi gets here." I said, as calm as possible, however it still raised  suspicion to Ivy. Suddenly, I saw Emi's car pull in as well, and she walked, with her head down, into my house. Once everyone was in my room, and seated, I decided it was time. Emilie took her seat in my windowsill. "So, now can we know?" Said Ivy, impatiently. I looked at everyone, all facing me with dead faces. "Yes, you can. But, this conversation is started with a question." I announced, and the group fell silent with preparation. "What's causing this?" I said, and there was an obvious confusion that was shared, so I continued, " I mean, cmon. We're all drained beyond belief, and for what? Look around, you're all now quiet and sad people, who were once louder." I say, and suddenly the recognition lands on everyone's face as they notice what's been happening to themselves. "I mean, Emilie, you walked into my house with your head down! You never walk with your head down!!"  I said, this time more upset. The room began to feel heavy, the air was suffocating. "Then how do you expect us to get out?" Allison says to me, knocking me back into reality, though the air still feel intoxicating. " I mean, we can't change. I found out yesterday that Sky has been cheating on me with Eleanore, just like Jose did!!" She yells, her voice breaking. Emilie looked over, extremely shocked. Suddenly, Allison began again, quieter, "It's not like we can just escape reality.." She said. When I thought everyone was just going to up and leave, Ivy stands. "Maybe we can. I mean, what stops us all from packing our bags and just.. going?" They said. My eyes lit up, they were right. At this moment, I could just up and leave without a worry in my mind.  Emilie stood up as well, looking at us. "Okay, you're right, but what about your boyfriend Ivy?" She says, her voice and face heavy. Ivy just shook it off, and looked at Emilie, "Does he really matter to me? Or can I just drop him." They said, and even I was shocked. They had been talking about that boy since I could remember, and suddenly saying they'd drop him with everyone else? Wow. Suddenly, the air felt lighter. "So, tomorrow after school?" I said, with a slight smile on my face. "Why not just skip, pack up everything, say your faint goodbyes, and leave at noon?" Emilie said, and it was agreed on. We all, much happier, all sat around and talked, made resolutions about our lives in society, considering we were leaving it soon, together. Emilie pulled into her pocket, and got her vape. As she hit it, through the flavored air, she said, "I would like to thank weed, alcohol, and these things for getting me through the annoying ass pick-me's." Everyone laughed as she said it, it wasn't a surprise that she'd been taking those things, she always said she would. We all had made our resolutions to the world, making pointless speeches. As the night got darker, my plans were more important than anything else.