034

(chapter thirty four)

There two times in her life that Clara felt such physical pain that even breathing hurt. The first one was when Susan let go of the wheel of the car, making it lose control and another car drive straight into her side.

The car spinned, and she could remember the impact of it hitting the ground, then there was a darkness, after that she remembered voice, yells all around and ambulance sirens. She remembered trying to move but being unable to, blood dripping from her forehead and her arm burned. Clara's screams of pain where mixed with the sobs, and she heard a man's voice trying to reassure her she would be okay.

It took an hour for the fire fighters be able to get her out of the car wreckage, and she remembered her mother crying. Clara wanted so much to believe they were real tears.

She lost consciousness once more and woke up with the paramedics performing CPR again.

Clara left with an broken arm and many stitches on her scalp. They said she was lucky.

The second was when she was left bleeding in the middle of the road. Everything hurt and she couldn't tell how much time it passed until JJ and Pope appeared.

But now, she could barely feel the hands of Sarah hugging her up as they all sat around the fire. She needed to warm up, but her whole body was burning.

They all tried to make her stay awake for a couple hours. The pogues were able to grab a few fish with made up spears, and coconut water, but Clara was barely able to keep down the food, she was in the verge of throwing all up.

And she was so tired. Clara just wanted to sleep. The voices of her friends around the fire were distant, and everything was slow. She caught herself falling asleep when her head dropped to the side and her eyes opened in shock.

"Hey, you're okay, it's okay," Sarah said lowly to her, brushing Clara's hair back as the older girl could see the blonde girl's lips moving slow. "You need to drink more water..."

Clara blinked a few times, trying to wake her brain a little more, and she shook her head slightly. "No-"

"Clara, you need to, c'mon," Sarah brought the coconut to the girl's lips once more, but she tried to moved it away.

"I don't feel so well," she managed to say, as bile rose up her throat once more, she started feeling her body heat up. "I just- I wanna sleep."

Everyone could tell Clara was pale, her body covered in sweat and it wasn't for the fire. She wasn't okay.

Sarah looked up to Cleo, who only nodded. It had been a few hours since the incident, and Clara wasn't, but she was awake and breathing, maybe it would be okay. JJ and John B got up to help her walk to the boat. They had decided it would be better if she slept there cause they were scared sand would come in contact with the injury.

And she was out cold even before the boys could lay her down, JJ having to be even more agile in catching her head before it hit the ground.

++++

Topper stood in front of the glass doors of the Cameron estate, but all of the doors were locked, lights out and no sign of them even being there, which he found weird, since Tannyhill would never be vacant. He retrieved his phone from his pocket, typing out on it for a second as he walked away from the mansion.

Top:
Hey, you wanna watch the rest of the Marvel movies?

And he waited, staring at his screen with only the delivered message. Like he said it once, Clara would always be with her phone, she would always answer and that made Topper become alert. He thought she had slept in when he called on the morning, but then he remembered the last time she didn't pick up.