Chapter 41: Hanging In There

A/N!!! 

READ THIS!!

The latest chapter was inserted in-between this one and 39, meaning that the new one is chapter 40. The reason behind this is to stay chronologically consistent. 

My apologies for the confusion. 

Enjoy the chapter!

(Tuesday, the 16th of May)

--------------------

Inesa POV

The sound of hard-soled shoes against tile. The rustling of thick blazers and skirts. The rising and ebbing chatter from all the students carelessly hanging out in the corridor. I can't help but notice and twitch at every little note and noise.

Only Wednesday, day three without having fed, my senses are already beginning to go crazy. How long can I even hold out? If I carry on like this, I will begin seeing red long before the week is out. Actually, as things stand currently, it'll be a miracle if I can make it past tomorrow.

"Uhm.. Inesa?.. Are you okay?" I spin around to see Niko looking at me with a concerned look on her face. "You've been seeming a bit.. Agitated lately.."

"I'm fine. Really. Just a little stressed." I try to explain. We do have a test coming up soon, so it partially works as an excuse.

"Right.. Sure.." She reluctantly accepts my explanation. "Just, let me know if there's anything kay?"

"Yeah, for sure."

...

Pencils softly scratching against paper. Ballpoint pens rigorously rolling as students write, trying to keep up with our teacher's talking.

I feel like being underwater without goggles. I hear words being said as if it were right in my ear, but fail to see the meaning behind them.

When the teacher suddenly calls out my name however, somehow I'm just able to pull together enough context and information to give a reasonable answer.

The rest of my school day continues on like this. Niko keeps looking over at me worried, but hasn't mentioned anything since this morning.

"You wanna hang out after school?" Niko asks, walking up to me over by our lockers. "Me and Himari are gonna go shopping."

Oh my.. This isn't good. I find myself accidentally sneaking a glance at her neck. My instincts are getting more and more indiscriminate.

"Not today, mom wanted me to be home early tonight. Next time?" I put on a cheerful smile and dig my nails into my palms to concentrate.

"Alright, I'll hold you to it! See you Inesa!" Niko takes off to go find Himari, and I hurry out of the school as quickly as my legs will take me without running.

The train ride will be interesting.

...

Finally at home and in my room I throw my bag across the room and onto the floor, before launching myself face-first onto my bed.

"I'm gonna have to call in sick. One hundred percent. I won't survive another day around people in this state." I say out loud to myself. Now completely alone my urges have calmed down a bit, although I still feel the same itch and aimless lust. For what must have been at least a half hour, I just lay, trying to think about anything other than this feeling.

Panda.. Yeah, pandas. Cute and fluffy creatures that really are fluffy but not cute. Stay away from pandas because they are in fact, a type of bear. Ok, no this isn't working.

Without thinking, I grab my pillow and shove it in my face. Hal's scent has already rubbed off of it at this point, but I try to imagine that it hasn't.

I hear the dampened sound of cloth ripping as my teeth sink into the soft fabric of my pillowcase, sending a shallow, but warm feeling down my spine, which goes to relieving me of the itch in my fangs, but doing absolutely nothing to satisfy the gaping hole within me.

My hands drop down to my ribs, and I imagine that it isn't my own hands touching me, but rather Hal's. Going with the flow, as my cheeks get warm at the thought, my thighs pull together and my legs begin to intertwine.

It would be nice.. If he were to do this to me the next time.. My left hand drops down and underneath my shirt in order to massage my waist, while my right drops down even further, gripping my outer thigh.

My breathing gets heavier. The scenario in my head ramps up. My fangs tear just slightly to the side, my tongue licks the skin which I can't see, but imagine to be red right now.

Red.. Blood.. The sweet, sweet flavor.. The invigorating sensation of digesting someone else.. Bringing them into me.. Hal..

My legs pull together even tighter.. My grip on my thigh loosens and tightens, wandering to my inner thigh.. Riding up it.. My left hand also begins to move, and while tracing the soft skin of my waist, I let it make its way to my stomach and I press my palm down just above my pelvis.

"Ngh.." A quiet whimper slips out as a wave of tingles passes through my core. I want.. You to take me.. Let me take you into me.. Pull me into your arms and explore my body.. "Hal.."

"Hey Inesa, I'm home! How was school? You hanging in there!?" A shock goes through my heart, and in a single instant, my mind is completely cleared. I twist my upper-body and shove down at the bed so that I'm immediately sat up. The combination of shock and embarrassment, as well as my messed up hair and flushed cheeks must be quite the sight, because my mother, who is now standing in the doorway, breaks into an amused laughter.

"Ohh.. Well, never mind me. Carry on. I'll be in the living room if you need me." At that, mom just walks off and leaves me once again alone.

"Carry on my ass." I mutter, now my vibe is killed.

------------------

Lupus: Sorry Inesa.

Inesa: Whatever, you just had to do that didn't you?

Lupus: Yeah. Sorry not sorry.

Inesa: You're lucky that I can't get to you, that was embarrassing.

Lupus: Take it out on Hal when he gets back alright? The solution will be provided.

Inesa: I will. But seriously. If you let that yuki-onna touch him I'll-

Lupus: And that's all the time we have for today dear readers! Seeyu in that next chapter!

Inesa: No wait! I'm seriou-