Chapter 8: Valorie

Hal POV

I wake up feeling weak, my eyes open with difficulty.

"Oh! You're awake!" A familiar redhead exclaims and walks across across the room to hold up my chin while seemingly examining my eyes.

"What is happening?.." I wonder in a daze like state.

"You got a liittle too much of your life sucked out of you and you fainted, I apologize for my daughters inability to control herself."

Heh? Wait what?!

My memories flash before me and my eyes grow wide as I recall the position we were in before my world went dark, and my cheeks start to feel hot.

Carefully I ask; "what.. exactly happened?.. When I was out?.."

Inesas mother lets go of my chin apperently satisfied, and smirkingly inquires. "Do you really wanna know?" Her voice sounded rather sweet but still kinda dangerous, but that could be because of the the previous- no current, traumatic experience I am going through.

"I.." Maybe it would be better if I stay blissfully ignorant this one time.

By now she's walked back to the kitchen where she appears to have been in the middle of cooking.

She picks up a cutting-board and using a knife, sweeps a pile of tomatoes into a bowl. Next she grabs a cucumber and places it on the wooden cutting board.

No, I need to know. "Yes, I want to know."

She pauses for a second and places down the knife. "Even if.. She did something like.." leaving the rest unsaid she lifts the cucumber and gives it a subtle lick.

My face must have went completely pale because she bursts out laughing "You.. You really thought?!"

Had she not grabbed onto the counter she would have been rolling on the floor.

When she finally gets a hold of herself and wipes the tears out of her eyes, I watch her with a nervous and probably twisted expression.

Her face goes back to serious. "No, but actually, when my daughter saw you passed out she immediately freaked out and came running to me in a half panic."

"Soo.." I tilt my head towards the right and slowly ask "What happened?"

"You see, when Inesa drinks you blood, it is not technically your blood she is after, instead she aims to suck up your "life energy", your very life itself."

I shudder.

"But don't worry, since you only fainted, your life is able to begin replenishing itself, and there won't be any lasting side-effects" she adds "But for now you will feel a bit of weariness, and you will feel a bit heavier, but, if it's to any comfort you will sleep rather amazing tonight! I believe you will be back to feeling normal sometime within the next 24 hours."

Relieved I sigh "Thank goodness.." But then looking around the room I notice the absence of a certain pink haired girl, "where is Inesa?" slips out.

"Oh? Miss her already? Aren't you an eager one.." She winks.

"N.. No! Of course not!" Then realizing the identity of the person in from of me I rush to add "N.. Not that I have anything against you daughter! She seems like a nice person!"

A clear laughter rings out, echoing off the walls, and she smiles. "There's no reason for you to be nervous, in fact we might be seeing alot of eachother hereon out."

What.. does she mean by that?.. How long do they plan to keep my prisoner here?

"Inesa rushed off to school right after I assured her you would be fine, but she should be returning pretty soon, you were out for quite a while."

I realize the daylight coming from the multiple windows on the wall to my left, it looked like the sun was either going up or down; but judging by everything she had said, the sun was setting.

"By the way, I never did catch your name. " Inesas mother states while rinsing off the cucumber in order to start chopping it up. 

"Huh? Oh!" No reason to keep it to myself. "Hal."

She seems to be thinking about something but then states, "Nice to meet you Hal, I'm Valorie, and as you probably guessed, I am Inesas mother."

"Nice to meet you too?.." I reply in a half question, can't quite descide if this is a nice meeting or not."

She doesn't seem too bad. Inesa is somewhat terrefying though, afterall she did almost kill me.

"What school do you go to? I presume you're a high school student?" She asks, the interest emanating from her. 

"That's right, I am a second year at Hon High. Why am I here though? And why am I both being treated as a guest and a prisoner?"

After first contemplating her answer she says "Well, you are here because Inesa needs you in order to live, and you are being treated as a guest because that is what I would like you to be."

I think back to what Inesa previously had told me while in her room "Inesa told me that she.. didn't produce enough life force?.."

"Yes, as a succubus, she will constantly consume more life force, or life energy than her body can produce, and if left alone she would run out, and that is what you nearly did when you fainted. So in other words, if she does not take the life force from someone else, namely you, she will run out, and first pass out, like you did, and then expire."

After a brief pause she feels the need to add some more. "When I say I want you to be a guest here, I mean that I wish for you to choose to stick around for a while. You see, Inesa needs someone to feed off of, and to learn the boundries of humans from. Since I am unable to be around all the time, I cannot garentee your safety, but I can vouch for Inesa's character and I personally garentee that the last thing Inesa wants is to seriously hurt you."

"Should you accept our two terms, to keep silent about who, or rather what we are, and be my daughters personal snack every so often, I will allow you to roam free, and live a somewhat normal life."

"And if I.. don't accept?" I ask curiously. Given the circumstances, that option does not sound all that terrible, since it could be alot worse.

"Then I hope you wouldn't object to becoming a meal rather than a snack." She answered with a smirk.

Worse like that.

"I accept."

I hear the front door open and a loud, familiar, and cheerful voice can be heard.

"Im home!"

---------------------------------

A/N

Hi everybody!

Now that the two timelines have finally met, I am thinking that I'll mainly focus on Hal's POV, but will definitely switch every so often, but probably not every-other chapter. 

Please let me know in the comment what you of the book so far and who's POV you readers mostly want me to focus on! ^-^

Yours truly, 

Hal Lupus