Chapter 30: Could I..?

As the tears continue to drip, I realize something that up until now I've been too dense to acknowledge.

Inesa, despite being a succubus and for putting me in a growing number of awkward, and at times scary situations, she really is just a girl on the inside.

Maybe because I feel bad for her, or maybe simply because I can't stand to watch a girl cry, but even I am surprised by my next action.

After listening to her plea for forgiveness, and having seen her sparkling tears, a few moments pass before I commit to it.

I step forward, and in one flowing motion, I wrap my right arm around and behind her shoulders, whilst my left firmly presses her head against my chest just below my collarbone.

When I do that, I can hear Inesa's irregular breathing suddenly tense up, and she holds her breath for several seconds before taking a deep breath out, and at the same time, I can feel her muscles in her neck and back relax.

Despite everything I've previously felt about Inesa, and all the harsh words I thoughtlessly poured out, my heart can't help but melt with this girl in my arms.

I can feel her shudder a little as she sniffles, and Inesa reaches her left arm that was previously hanging loosely by her side and wipes her tears away with it, smearing her already-ruined mascara in the process.

I expect her to either pull away now or drop her hand back now, but instead she surprises me by grabbing my shirt instead and in the tiniest of voices she speaks.

"You'd better take responsibility for this." And then she tries to chuckle, but it barely comes out. Had we not currently been so close I would've missed it.

I don't know how to respond to that, but I feel an urge to pat her head, which I do.

While feeling her soft weight and warmth beneath my arms, I slowly run my hand over her hair, before pausing for a couple moments to see if she'll tell me to stop. But she doesn't, and instead I notice her breathing slow down even more. So I continue.

Her pink hair doesn't contain a single wave or tangle, just parting beneath my fingertips.

"I-I don't know what that means." My heart rate picks up as I lamely try to respond in a fitting manner.

"For starters.. Just stay like this for a little bit longer.." And then after thinking a little bit longer, Inesa adds; "But don't you dare tell anyone about this."

Despite the harsh tone, I smile amused. I think I'm finally beginning to understand her.

"You have my word."

Time passes as I hold Inesa, her curled up in my arms. But after what must've been at least ten minutes, she speaks.

"Hal?" Inesa quietly asks in a gentle tone.

"Hm?"

"Can we.. I'm-" Her voice cuts off mid-sentence.

I try leaning my head to look at her and figure out what she's about to say, but thankfully I don't have to wait long.

"My fangs are itching.. I'm hungry.. Could I.. Could I have some of your blood?.."

I freeze. How am I supposed to answer that!? And she's asking for permission now!? I am a bit tempted to say no and see how she reacts, if she'll order me instead, but coming out of my thoughts my eyes widen as I realize she is now staring up at me.

Her messed up makeup and wet cheeks encourage me to simply give in, but when I notice her eyes I decide.

"S-sure.. I guess.. Just not from anywhere visible." In her eyes are just the faintest of hearts, not nearly as pronounced as the last times, but enough for me to realize that she is beginning to struggle.

"Ok.. Th-thank you.." Having given permission I suddenly feel our positions change. While Inesa was content just snuggling up to me a moment ago, that previously timid girl is now firmly holding my wrist, leading my down the hallway at a pace that I can barely keep up.

We round a corner to where there is a dead-end into a door labeled "Staff Only" where Inesa stops dragging me, and partly reverts to her previous behavior.

"Where would you have me?.." She says in a voice rather unsure.

A little out of breath I feel an impulse to think quickly, but I force myself to slow down.

"H-here.." I unbutton the first three buttons on my shirt and pull it to the side to reveal my bare shoulder. I gesture for her to bite my just above my collarbone.

"Then.. Here I go." Inesa hesitates for a split second, and decides to give me a brief and gratuitous smile, before slowly moving toward me and sinking down her teeth.

Just like before, the initial pain is sharp but definitely bearable, but this time she closes her jaws even slower than the last, drawing it out and causing the piercing sensation to intensify since her soothing saliva isn't able to reach deep enough quick enough.

Maybe I'm messed up, but somehow I don't really mind the pain..

As she sinks her fangs deeper, her saliva finally mixes with my blood, sending warm shivers down my spine.

Inesa for some reason doesn't seem to be quite happy with her bite, and with what I imagine to be a small frown, she pulls out, causing the heat to slowly dissipate.

But after having withdrawn for several seconds, Inesa once again opens her mouth for a bite. This time however, she raises her bite location to be just slightly closer to my neck, but while still being in a spot easily hidden.

Still slow enough to be considered gentle, but more eager, Inesa plunges her fangs even deeper than the first bite, digging down so deep that not only her fangs apply pressure, but the rest of her front teeth as well.

I sharply inhale at the unexpected and intense pain, but don't allow myself to actually make a sound.

I can't help but think it's too much however, and had I not already been forced against the wall, I might have pulled away.

But while I don't pull back, I do accidentally clench my shoulders. Not a lot, enough for Inesa to drive in her bottom row of teeth into my skin as well, causing her fangs to begin tearing at my open wounds.

I am just about to call out to Inesa to slow down, but before I have the chance to, a wave of heat and pleasure washes over me, relaxing every muscle in my body so that I sink into Inesa's arms, barely able to even properly stand.

Inesa lets out a satisfied hum when she realizes what she's done to me, and almost as a reward, finally releases the pressure in her bite.

Along with releasing her bite, Inesa switches to gently licking and sucking, and at times poking my raw flesh with the tip of her tongue.

For the rest of the time that Inesa is feeding, my mind is in a state of half-haze. Somehow I end up sitting on the floor with Inesa sitting in my lap leaning over me, and by the time she is satisfied, my heart and breathing is so relaxed that they have both nearly stopped.

"Ahh.." Inesa exhales happily "I wish I could go on like this without having to worry about you loosing consciousness." She suddenly slides down in my lap, softly leaning into my chest and resting her head on my shoulder, just beside the mark where she had just bitten.

With the heat from Inesa's saliva once again dying down, I begin to regain my awareness, and I take a deep breath in through my nose as if to make up for all the ones I had just missed, and notice how sweet Inesa smells.

I sigh. This is.. Nice.. If this is how things are going to be from now on.. I think I can live with this..

Suddenly out of nowhere, and startling us both, the staff door swings open and a loud and surprised voice booms.

"You can't be doing that here!! Kids get a room! This is not the place!! Shoo! Get out of here!"

Out of complete surprise we both scramble to get up and away as the owner of the karaoke bar yells at us.