Chapter 11: Home

"Hal!" 

Wide-eyed, I duck when a couch cushion flies by my head and hits the doorway behind me. I had attempted to sneak inside quietly, but that of course didn't work. 

"How dare you just go missing like that!? I was worried sick about you! You could have been kidnapped or worse for all I knew! Texting me an entire night later is just unacceptable! And I couldn't even call the police, since you can only call about missing persons twenty four hours after someone disappeared!" My sister quite literally ambushes me in the hallway.

Normally I think that it's stupid that police won't act unless an entire day has gone by, but in this case, thank goodness. "I'm sorry.. It was a pretty spur of the moment thing..  Trust me, I did not plan anything out before hand.." 

"And also, since when do you have a girlfriend!?" She crosses her arms and frowns as I take off my shoes. 

My sister, Sara, is just a year older than me, but since our mother passed, she has become quite a bit more protective. 

"Not for very long.." I think back to the backstory Valorie gave us. I guess it's time to start with that.. "We met on the train a while back and have been chatting when we got the chance. And eventually we just decided to try going out."

My sister's long and dark hair that is pretty the same colour as mine, although slightly darker, and she is unfortunately slightly taller than me. At school she is the chairman of the girls volleyball club, and by her figure you can tell. Unlike mine, her company is in high demand. Currently she is wearing Hon High's school uniform, so I am guessing that she just got home. 

"I also didn't see you in school. So what the heck is that about? First you decide to sleep over at a girlfriend's house, without messaging, and then you slept in because you were up all night!? Come on! I know you are stressed, but act responsible!" 

Oh, and did I mention that my sister is a prominent member of the disciplinary committee? And strict to say the least?

I nearly choke on nothing. Thaat.. I guess that is the obvious conclusion isn't it?.. And I can't even tell her the real story!

"I'm sorry.. This won't happen again, I promise. Can I just come in and make myself a cup of tea? I really need to catch up some studying.." During the train ride I ate the sandwiches from Inesa's mother, so I'm not very hungry. At least I don't feel like eating anything more. 

She sighs, and takes a few steps back. "As long as you understand. I will let you off the hook just this once. But if it happens again, you will regret it bitterly, and even so, you will tell me everything in time, I'm just to busy to be bothered with you at the moment. And also, put the cushion back on the couch. I'll be going to my room. If you need anything to eat, your uneaten bento-box is in the fridge." Upon finishing she turns around and slowly walks to her room and shuts it behind her, leaving me pretty much alone in the apartment. 

I take a breath out and hang up my jacket and scarf. 

Yesterday evening.. And today.. Has been pretty crazy. Really I don't know what to think. To think that some of the "people" around really aren't people.. 

I slap my cheeks. Whatever. Tea. I'm going to make myself some tea, calm down, and forget myself for a little while in my schoolbooks. I've never been this glad to have studying to do before.

Although I don't think this is getting off my mind anytime soon, especially since I will likely see Inesa tomorrow at school.. And I'm walking blood sack apparently. How often does she need to drink my blood anyway? I probably should have asked that before I left. 

I enter my own thoughts as I put the cushion back where it belongs and I put the teakettle on the stove. 

While waiting for the water to boil I bring my bag into my room and begin to unpack the book I plan to study. Chemistry, foreign languages, English grammar and mathematics. 

I decide to start with the easiest one, and open my English grammar book. 

After a few minutes I hear the kettle begin to whistle and I get up and walk back out to the kitchen, but halfway there, my phone get a notification. A text. 

I take the pot off the burner and pull up my phone to see a number which is already added into my contacts, Valorie!?

Hello! Valorie here! Just wanted to let you know that I already put Inesa and my phone numbers into your phone! Seeyu soon! ;)

Of course.. Looks like I can't escape, even when I'm gone and alone. 

I sigh and continue to make my tea, and just because, I decide to add twice the honey.