Chapter 1: Bound in the Dark

I wake up in an environment which I don't recognize.

It's black as pitch.

No wait.

I can see a little detail. in the leftmost corner of the room a dim candle was alight, casting a dancing shadow across a pale pink wallpaper.

Pink. What does that remind me of?

In an attempt to make out more details in my environment I turn my head.

At least, I tried to. In fact, my head was tied down preventing my head from turning, and with a closer inspection I now realize that not only my head was bound, but my hands and feet as well.

Desperately I start to pull on my tethers but give up after only a few seconds. Pulling didn't actually hurt no matter how hard I pulled, since the whoever kidnapped me had put fluffy padding around where the ropes were. And I realize I'm going nowhere.

Im stuck.

I've been kidnapped.

At least the kidnapper seems to want to be gentle. 

Then, I feel a shiver develope in my my nape and run down my spine.

I notice something.

I hear a slow and steady breathing.

And its getting closer.

Oh no..

Help me.. I wanted to say, but it never left my lips.

I take a few seconds to try and calm down and steady my own erratic breathing as the stranger slowly got closer. 

"Who are you?" I call out while trying to sound brave. In fact, my voice probably cracked at least three times, which is pretty increadible considering "who are you" only contains three syllables.

No answer.

I hear steps now. 

"Who are you?! Why am I here?!" I yell out louder than the last time. This time the panic was obvious in my voice.

I tug on my ropes. 

The steps get nearer. 

"Hello?!" My voice goes a pitch higher than it already was.

"Please stop yelling.." a cold female voice said from behind me. While the voice first seemed cold, it also seemed to have a hint of sadness.

"I didn't want to do this.." I now realize that not only did the voice seem a little sad, it also sounds a bit kind, without any malicious intent, making me relax a bit.

"But you made me."

That relaxation I just felt? Gone. What does she mean I made her do it? I made her kidnap me? How? Who is this? What happened? 

Crap. 

I don't remember how I got here. 

A hand then lightly brushes through my hair, and then on my cheek. The thought "its soft" crosses through my mind.

"Who are y.."

"Shhh.." A finger on my lips cuts me off.

What a warm finger.

I smells a bit sweet as well, like, white chocolate. 

"Calm down.. Just.. Calm down.." She says very slowly, and just barely, I felt like she was holding back tears.

What a soft voice..

She shifts her hand from my cheek and instead starts stroking the side of my neck.

Normally, this should be a major red flag, but it calmed me.. She kissed the top of my head.. 

No! C'mon Hal! This is'nt the time to relax! I need to stay alert! Why the heck am I relaxing?! Its the opposite to what I should be doing!

"Tell me who you are! Why am I here?" I asked, in a voice louder that what you would normally speak, but not quite a shout. If I speak loudly I can easier control my voice and suppress the sound of fear. 

But somehow the longer she holds her hand against my skin, the more I relax. 

"We met before.." "Do you really not remember me?.." Her voice has an even sadder tone than before. And although I can't not see her face I imagine tears.  

Suddenly I feel something sharp quickly slash the side of my neck where she had been caressing me, but before I could scream, I heard a whoosh followed by a set of lips crashing into mine. 

Heh?! My eyes open wide. What is happening?! 

After a good five seconds, just as fast as she kissed me, she backs away and puts her mouth over my fresh wound, licking up every bit of blood that drips out. 

Gasping for air after being violated, with mostely suprise now rather than fear I ask; "what.. (gasp) are you.. doing?.." 

"Drinking your blood." She said, the hints of sadness, hesitation and regret gone. "Its sweet."

She feels a little different now. Less timid maybe. No thats not quite it. She still sounds shy, but more confident maybe. 

Wait.. My blood is sweet?!

Trying to forget what just happened, I remember that I never got an answer to my previous question, so I repeat "Who are you and why am I here?" but unable to forget I then add "And why.. are you drinking my blood?

"Because.. I need to."

"You.. need to?" I asked confused. "Why would you need to?" 

"Because.. Im.. A succubus.." 

"Don't succubus.. like.. drink something else?.." I inquired slightly emberassed. 

"GROSS!" she slaps me. "Sorry! I.. I didnt mean to.." 

Immediately after slapping me I can feel her leaning in over me, softly placing her hand over the area she hit. While her warmth did get rid of alot of the pain, it made me aware of a sharper pain crossing over my cheek like multiple lines. She must have sharp nails. Or, claws? Succubus have claws don't they?

No wait. Succubus don't exist. I think?.. 

"You're not wrong.." "Succubus are known mostly for taking the life force from.. that.." She definitely blushed while saying the last part. "But! That is completely unnecessary and disgusting. Its true that that does work.. technically.. But we can draw the life force we need from any body fluid, and blood is the most potent. 

"Soo.." while ignoring both the sharp pain in my cheek and on my neck I tried to learn more about my kidnapper. "You are drinking my blood to steal my life force?" 

"Not stealing! Well.. yes stealing.. Sorry about that.. Humans generate an excess of life energy which you don't even need!" she explained "while we succubus consume way more than we can produce! Which means we need to take what we need from you. At least after we go through our.. puberty I guess you could say, which is also a bit later than for you humans and has.. certain activation requirements.."

A thought crossed my mind. "Wait a second, you said we've met before?"

"Yes.. at the station.. can you really not remember?" she seemed to be hesitant "I asked you for a heatpad."

My memories flooded back to me. 

"You are that pink girl!?" 

"Yes. And.. Thank you for the coat."