Fatima Jinnah - The Mother of Nation

An Empowered Woman

Series # 01|Fatima Jinnah - The
                     Mother of Nation

You all must be wondering who's this lady and she is in the top of the series of women empowernment, so she must have a great role and importance in women empowernment. Right?

Let me introduce you to the 
Mother of Nation - Fatima Jinnah

Fatima Jinnah was a dental surgeon, author, politician and sister of founder of Pakistan Quaid -e- Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Fatima Jinnah was a dental surgeon, author, politician and sister of founder of Pakistan Quaid -e- Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah. She was born on July 31st, 1893 in Karachi.

She was known as Madre-Millat, meaning mother of Nation. Madre-Millat are the words derived from Urdu language in which 'Madre' meaning mother and 'Millat' meaning nation.

She was a lady of strong faith, discipline. She was one of the leading founders of Pakistan. Being a woman, you can yourself consider that at the time of 19th century, women were not given that much importance because from the very start, they were always considered WEAK being a women.

Among the siblings of Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Fatima Jinnah was the closest one and dear to him.

After the death of great leader such as Muhammad Ali Jinnah (Founder and First governor general of Pakistan) and Liaquat Ali Khan (first prime minister of Pakistan) immediately after the emergence of Pakistan, she was the only hope left for Pakistan.

She stood firmly by Jinnah and Muslim nation firmly, through thick and thin.

Fatima Jinnah, alongside her brother, Muhammad Ali Jinnah - Founder of Pakistan

Achievements:

After getting dental degree from university of Calcutta (now known as Kolkata) in 1923, she was the first female dentist of the Subcontinent (which was later divided into two states Pakistan and India). Subcontinent was under the British rule at that time.

• She was given the title of Madre-Millat , because of her great and dynamic role in Pakistan freedom movement.

• She participated in the presidential elections against General Ayub Khan, who imposed martial in 1958. She was against martial law because she believed in democracy, and she wanted to save Pakistan from destruction. (Read about the effects of martial law on Google).

She participated in the round table conference in 1932 held in London along with her older brother, Muhammad Ali Jinnah.

•During emergence of Pakistan in 1947, she formed Women relief committee. She was co-founder of Pakistan women association, which played a really great party in settlements of newly migrant women.

Fatima Jinnah is inspiration and example of millions of women around the globe. In a society where women are not given that much freedom whether it is their domestic right or in public sector or government, Fatima Jinnah is an example that you can fight for your rights being a women, you have the right to freedom of speech, you have the right to breath and right to live. You just have to strive hard a bit, and see the fruit of your hard-work.

Fatima Jinnah strongly believed in two - nation theory, which states that Muslim and Hindus belong to two different nations. Even after living with each other for so many years and under the rule of same government, peaceful and good connections weren't created with among with each other

Because of her efforts and the efforts other Muslim leaders, Muslims are now able to breath freely and now we can live indvidually and collectively according to our Islamic teachings, while other minorities were also given rights to live according to their religious teachings and they can willingly go to their religious place without the fear of being killed.

Palestine is the biggest example, where Muslims are not given the freedom, their houses are being destroyed, cruel Israelis kill Palestinians everyday and Muslims are not given the freedom to go to masjid Al aqsa and other mosques.

You have the right to get education, you have the right to live, you have the right to BREATH as a woman.