𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 03. soulmate? what the hell?

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, the protagonist stopped abruptly. There were a lot of students in the corridors but... She spotted a figure a few meters away who had nothing to do being among the others.

"Sunghoon?" She whispered, paralyzed. The ghost shook his hand, encouraging her to come.

    "What are you doing?"

She briefly stared at her friend, but when she looked back in the boy's direction, he was gone. All of sudden, Nana couldn't help but exclaims.

"Who were you looking at?" The teen shook her head and came back to her senses.

     "Nevermind, see you in class, I'll be right there!" She took off like a rocket, leaving Junko alone.

     "Oh... She's dropped something." The young woman picked up a small yellow piece of paper.

The heroine stopped running, breathing hard. Sunghoon had disappeared among the mass of students, and she was discouraged until she heard a suspicious noise coming from a small room.

She winced and looked around to make sure no one had noticed her, then entered the local.
It was a dark room where cleaning products and mops were kept. No one ever came in here, so...

He must surely have been hidden there.
Her hypothesis was soon to prove true. The boy appeared behind her and whispered a "Boo!"

"What the fuck!?"
She'd yelled. The skater moved away as she tried to catch her breath.

Nana was as scared as ever, but now she was convinced that what she was experiencing was real. Sunghoon was back in front of her, a big smile on his face.

"Oh gosh... It wasn't a dream. You're really here."

     "How have you been since yesterday? Did you sleep well?"

Silence enveloped the room, the heroine was stoic and uncomfortable, refusing to answer him. Sunghoon tapped his foot, rolling his eyes.

     "Um. Hello?"

     "...Since everything's true, I think talking to me like we're friends is inappropriate. I'd rather call an exorcist than be there with you."

     "Listening to me is a good solution too! I've been stuck here for months and finally I've found an opportunity to rest in peace!"

     "Okay."
She examined every part of his almost transparent body.

She'd never imagined the most popular boy at school like this... Transparent, ghostly, but also immature and irritating.

Still, Nana felt a little pity for him and decided to put her fear aside for a moment.

     "You know, it wasn't such a bad idea to bring you here."