Love Like You (Epilogue)

"Heh. I'm gonna miss this old place." Lloyd said to his girlfriend as he packed things into boxes.

"You? I'm still crying over leaving it!" Harumi wailed out onto the floor. "This was the place where we first fought!"

"Really? That's the first memory that comes to your head?" Lloyd smirked at her. "No!" Harumi rushed over near the table. "This is where our first kiss was, and when you played your guitar!"

"So you do have good memories! Just making sure!" Lloyd rolled his eyes and smiled at his girlfriend. "But don't worry, we'll make new memories in our new place."

Harumi sniffled and wiped away a tear. "I know, but it won't be the same. This apartment has been our home for so long."

Lloyd put down the box he was holding and went over to Harumi, taking her hands in his. "Home is where we are together, Harumi. As long as we have each other, we can make any place feel like home."

Harumi smiled through her tears and leaned in for a kiss. "You always know just what to say."

Lloyd chuckled. "That's because I love you."

Harumi wrapped her arms around Lloyd's neck. "I love you too."

As they loaded the last box into the moving truck, Lloyd and Harumi took one last look around their old apartment. The walls were now bare, and the furniture was gone, leaving behind only memories.

"I'm going to miss this place," Harumi said softly.

"I know," Lloyd replied, putting his arm around her. "But we'll always have the memories. And we'll make new ones in our new home."

Harumi nodded, feeling a sense of excitement mixed with sadness. Leaving their old home behind was bittersweet, but she was eager to see what the future held.

"Can I just say goodbye to something real quick?" Harumi asked. Lloyd smiled and nodded as he got into the van.

Harumi walked up to the door and smiled at it.

"If I never came to this door... I would have never found myself. Found love... found closure. If you told me that Lloyd opening you would lead to the best years of my life... I'd never believe it. So thank you. Not just for being a doorway to a new home... but to a new life."

She nodded at the door and ran down the steps back to the van.

"Were you just... talking to the door?" Lloyd asked, puzzled. "Doesn't matter... what matters now is driving into the future."

Lloyd chuckled, pulling out of the lot and onto the road. The two sat in silence for a moment before Harumi spoke up.

"Remember that song from my childhood?"

"The one that got you through life?"

"Yeah... I miss it."

Lloyd looked at her and gave her a soft smile before looking at his phone. "Press Play on my phone," he told her.

Harumi raised an eyebrow and shrugged, pressing the button on Lloyd's phone. Suddenly the van surrounded itself with the sounds of music. Music Harumi knew very well.

If I could begin to be
Half of what you think of me
I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love

When I see the way you act
Wondering when I'm coming back
I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love like you

Tears filled the girl's eyes as they passed on the roads. Her whole life went by in the window. From her lonely middle school self, to her finally happy adult self.

That one fateful day brought Lloyd to her, and now it was bringing them to something new. As they drove to their new home, Harumi couldn't help but feel a little nervous. What if their new place didn't feel like home? What if they didn't like their new neighborhood?

But as they pulled up to their new house, Harumi's worries melted away. The house was beautiful, with a spacious yard and a cozy front porch. Lloyd had already hung a "Welcome Home" sign on the door.

I always thought I might be bad
Now I'm sure that it's true
'Cause I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Look at you go
I just adore you
I wish that I knew
What makes you think I'm so special

Harumi smiled, feeling a sense of warmth spread through her. This was their new home.

Together, they started unpacking their belongings, decorating the rooms to their liking, and settling into their new life.

Lloyd stood in the middle of the room. "Care to dance?" He held out a hand to her, which she took eagerly. They began to slowly dance around the living room, taking in the sounds of the night, the water from the river nearby, and the music on the radio.

If I could begin to do
Something that does right by you
I would do about anything
I would even learn how to love

When I see the way you look
Shaken by how long it took
I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love like you

And as they curled up on the couch that first night, surrounded by boxes and half-unpacked belongings, Harumi knew that they had made the right decision. This was their new home, and they were going to make it their own.

Love like you
Love like you
Love me like you

"I finally figured it out." Lloyd muttered to her. "Hm?"

"Even with the scars of our pasts... we still learned how to love... from each other." Lloyd smiled. "We'll always be together... under the endless sky."

"Yeah... but a new house." She kissed him on the forehead. "Means new rules."

Lloyd chuckled. "Well... allow me to start."

"One. No speaking to each other... rudely."

—————————————

Thank you all so much for reading and sticking with the book through the months! But it is finally finished! I love this story sooo much and love this world. But of course, sometimes you also have to move on... I could do a sequel if everyone wants.

Or would you all want something new and different? But for now, this is Blue, signing off. I'll see you all again soon!