Count Me Out

"It's rare when somebody take your dreams back."

——————————————————————

Harumi reached for the doorknob silently until the light clicked on. She froze in place while she heard footsteps coming towards her.

"Where are you going?" The voice said behind her. "Out, you know, with the other girls." She responded, turning around to her boyfriend behind her.

"Dressed like that?" Lloyd crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms.

Harumi felt a pang of irritation at Lloyd's comment, but she tried to keep her composure. "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" she asked, glancing down at her outfit. She was wearing a short skirt and a tight top, but she didn't see anything wrong with it.

Lloyd shook his head disapprovingly. "It's too revealing," he said. "I don't want other guys looking at you like that."

Harumi felt annoyed. She hated it when Lloyd tried to baby her like this. "I can take care of myself," she said firmly. "I'm not a child, Lloyd. I can dress however I want."

Lloyd sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I just don't want anything to happen to you," he said. "You're important to me, Harumi."

Harumi softened a bit at Lloyd's words, but she still didn't like being told what to do. "I know you care about me," she said. "But I need to be able to make my own decisions. And right now, I want to go out with my friends."

Lloyd looked at her for a moment, then gave a small nod. "Okay," he said. "But be careful, all right? And call me if you need anything."

Harumi smiled at him, feeling a sense of relief. "I will," she said. "Thanks, Lloyd." With that, she opened the door and stepped out into the night, but not before kissing him on the cheek.

"Hiii guys!" Harumi called out to the car that was waiting for her. She got in and scooted into the seat next to Pixal. Nya and Skylor were sitting in the front. "Lloyd was being a worrywart again and I tried to sneak out before he saw me." She rolled her eyes.

"Awww, he cares so much about you!" Nya teased from the front. "If it were me he'd just let me walk out."

"I think that's because you're his older sister Nya." Skylor chuckled. "Whatever." Nya rolled her eyes.

Harumi laughed at her friends' banter, feeling grateful for their company. "So, what's the plan for tonight?" she asked, eager to change the subject.

Pixal turned around in his seat to face her. "We're thinking of going to that new club downtown," he said. "I heard the music there is amazing."

Harumi's eyes lit up. "That sounds like so much fun!" she said. "Let's do it."

Nya nodded in agreement. "I'm down for anything," she said. "As long as we get to dance."

Skylor grinned. "Then let's make it happen," she said, starting the car and pulling out onto the road.

—————————————————————

Lloyd paced around in his room. What if something happened and he wasn't quick enough? What if she turned her location off?! What if she was kidnapped... he recalled saying that they'd leave her cause she'd talk to much, but now he wasn't too sure.

He checked the location again.

They were still on the road. He didn't want to ruin their night, but he also wanted to keep his girlfriend safe. He was not gonna add more trauma to her because of his own incompetence. He was going after her. Lloyd rushed into his car and pulled out the parking lot, zooming out after the girls.