Part 20: Entertainment District (Part 1)

Still trembling In fear Aoi clung onto her love, fearing how dangerous this upcoming mission must be. "A fully recognized Hashira.. What mission was even given to him?? If it's an Upper Moon Uzui is hunting.."

Knowing that there must be a thousand thoughts and outcome his beloved must be thinking about, Inosuke brought a finger to her lips to quiet her mind. "Upper moon or not, no one can stand up to me! No one can keep me from coming back to you Aoi."

Usually, the over-exaggerated boasts and claims brought a somewhat relief when Aoi thought of her boy fighting against such strong opponents. The only thought that comes to her mind considering the upper Kizuki is how the flame Hashira, Kyojuro Rengoku was not enough to bring one down.

"Whatever you do, just stick close to the Sound Hashira.. even though he can be a handsy jerk.."

The beast breather exhales a cloud of smoke from his mask in frustration, thinking this mission would be child's play compared to the last one he was on. "Of course I'm going to stick close to this bastard. How else am I going to get even with what he's done??"

He noticed the trembling has not subsided, if anything the girl grew more worried about the wellbeing of all three junior slayers along with Nezuko. Traveling into an unknown land with a Hashira that did not give off the greatest first impression has left the young girl in a state of worry.

He puts the palm of his hand on top of her head. Pushing some of the hairs falling in front for her face away to get a better gaze into her eyes. "Nothing will ever stop me from returning to you. No demons, no Hashira. Nothing."

Aoi with a bit of mist in her eyes nods her head slowly up and down, trying her hardest to believe the claim. Noticing her time with her boy is being cut short with Tengen impatiently waiting at the gates with his arms crossed and a scowl on his face. "Whatever you're talking about has to be so unflashy and boring! HURRY IT UP!!"

Tanjiro scrambles to readjust the wooden box that houses his sister during the daytime onto his shoulders while Zenitsu lets out a giant sigh wanting to take it easy for a bit.

Inosuke looks over to see he is the one lagging behind which would normally infuriate the beast breather beyond belief. But this time, any extra moments he could spend with his beloved Aoi was a treasure to him.

A furious look appears on his face snapping towards the mountain of a man that has done nothing but spew out insults towards all of his juniors. Growling through his breaths, Inosuke wanted nothing more than to start brawling with his senior slayer to show everyone his rank means nothing to him.

Aoi, noticing the quick spike in her boy's temper wrapped her arms around him to calm him down, Placing the side of her cheek to his chest to let him know she was going to be okay while he was away.

For a brief moment, everything was calm. The rustling of the wind picking up the leaves off the ground to toss them in the air, to the gentle sun shining bright to warm the beast breather's skin. From her touch he knew Aoi still felt terrified of the outcome of this dangerous mission but could feel the glimmer of hope in her heart knowing that she believed he would never break his promise to always return.

Tengen grew even more impatient as his fingertips were furiously taping on his bicep with a scowl deepening by the second. Knowing each moment he spent away from the entertainment district was another moment his three wives could be facing danger.

Reaching his boiling point, His eyes glow white as he points towards the trio still gathering their equipment and saying their goodbyes to the girls of the Butterfly Estate. "IF YOU THREE DO NOT GET YOUR ASSES UP FRONT AND IN LINE, I WILL KILL YOU MYSELF!!"