Part 10:Rescue

Each step made by the ferocious boar impeded the ground with a focused intent on getting to Aoi as quickly as possible. His emotions were running rampant thinking the absolute worse scenario is currently happening. Aoi left with no weapon, none of Shinobu's poisons, nothing to stop the demon from hunting her.

"SHIT! I knew I should have went with her!!! What the hell was she thinking???" The air started getting thin as Inosuke was running straight into the gusts of violent winds. The air would pierce his face and fill his lungs with too much air, leaving him gasping for breathes. This could have made for great training to control how much breathing a swordsmen can keep under control when nature's elements are working against them. But Inosuke's mind was far from thinking about training. He had one goal in mind. To reach his little butterfly in time. The sky above started to turn even more disturbing, filling the air with lightning and the thunder crashing around making the vibrations in the air to become unstable, throwing off Inosuke's intuition to see ahead. All he could do was full on sprint towards Aoi's location from when he detected earlier.

Aoi pulled her white medic robe closer to he face as the chills crept down her spine. Surely it was just the surprise of the storm to throw her off balance, making her paranoid. The branches filled with leaves swaying back in forth in the wind were not seriously hiding a pair of yellow sinister eyes were they? It couldn't be, because whenever she would do a double take, the golden orbs would fade away  only to reappear behind a bush few a brief moment before vanishing the instant she would see them. 

The demon took advantage of the sounds of the gusting winds and thunder above to concealed the sounds of  his movement. This was all just a fun game for him. Seeing the beads of sweat drop down the poor teen's forehead, hearing her breathing quicken as she is trying to calm herself down, and can see the shakiness in her knees as she continued to walk. The demon continued to play with his prey by making a quick strike to a tree branch with blinding speed that hung above Aoi, making it snap in half.

The tree limb took Aoi by surprise as she jumped back enough to dodge the attack. While she isn't a full fledge demon hunter, she is still part of the Corps. She still has a survival instinct and the branch falling was no coincidence as it only confirmed her suspicious. She is aware a demon is stalking her. But what good would that do her? Just because she knows her life is in danger doesn't mean she can stop this demon.

The demon let out a scoff hoping his little trap would scare the teen more. Seeing his presence is known, he starts to creep out of the darkness. Aoi could hear the scraping of the demon's claws on the ground. Its eyes filled with evil shine bright through the shadows. Eyes set on his prey. The demon's silhouette came into full view with the widest grin, showing off razor sharp teeth. Its feet were horribly morphed into those of a beast with long claws protruding from what used to be its nails. Its skin was a morbid deathly grey with wet greasy black hair. Its menacing spiritless eyes never left its hateful gaze on Aoi. The grin on its face slowly let out chuckles as Aoi was frozen in fear when she saw just how terrifying this demon was.

"Ohhhh What's wrong little girl?? Don't you want to play more????" Aoi wanted to scream but the air was leaving her lungs just as quickly as she tried inhaling a breath. The lump in her throat was frozen solid just as stiff as her body was. "Aoi you have to move! Move your legs!!!" The teen could tell herself anything in that moment but her body refused to obey the commands her mind was telling it.

The demon noticed just how petrified his prey was. He stopped his advanced to tilt his head devilishly to the side grinning even wider. "Common now! Run! Scream!! Yell for help!!!" The demon lowered his head while he lifted his hand towards Aoi, opening his palm. "No one is coming for you little girl.. and my my you look delicious...." The demon licked his lips imagining how sweet her blood would taste. "YOU WILL BE DEVOURED WHOLE!!!!" The demon tilted his head back to let out a blood curling laugh before a misty green liquid started shooting out of his hand.

"Blood Demon Art: Acid mist!"