Chapter 30

Dux's POV

In between life's darkness, she came like a vibrant color.

Like a shining star in the dark sky. Standing in the midst of the crowd, looking at me in awe with eyes filled with delight and adoration.

"Mom do I need to transfer school?" I asked mother with a frowned face.

"Of course! Narinig ko din na ang anak ng kaibigan ng daddy mo is dun din nag-aaral. I make sure na magclassmate kayo para atleast mayroon kang kausap. Be nice to her, she's a very kind and sweet girl. She would be perfect being my daughter-in-law!" she said feeling excited than I am.

"There's no need to set me up with her. Xaven is there, I don't need her." I told her coldly. She turned to me with a sad face.

"Atleast be nice to her okay? Also please smile more, do you know it makes you look more handsome smiling with those dimples?" she said while tickling my waist.

I chuckled with her actions. "Stop it mom!" I giggled.

"You're already a young man, Dux. Parang dati lang umiiyak ka sa akin kasi hindi kita binilhan ng laruan." naiiyak na sambit niya habang nagpupunas ng kunwareng luha.

I just kissed her cheeks and proceed to my car. Mom is so dramatic.

I drove my car to the new school. It has been a month since the school started but yet here I am transferring.

Mother insisted because the school I would transfer to had better training or equipment for my soccer sport. She wanted me to enjoy myself and improve my skills.

While looking at the road, my attention turned to a restaurant. The traffic light was still red so I had time to look at the people inside the restaurant.

A table in the middle of the restaurant caught my attention. The windows and doors are glass, so I can see the people inside.

I frowned as I looked at two people laughing while eating. Dad and his whore.

I gripped tighter on the staring wheel as I looked at them with my jaw clenching. How dare he. I just looked around and focused on the road when the light turned green.

It's not like it's the first time dad's been seen flirting with different hoes. We are all used to his shitty cheating.

He is thankful that mom loves him and she can't leave him despite his wrong doings. She is a slave of love. Blinded by dad's antics.

Mom knows everything he's up to, especially cheating. But she chose to pretend it never happened. For the sake of our family.

She was so desperate to change my father, who never loved her.

I hate it. 

In our family, love was just a mere phantom.

Bakit pa ako maniniwala sa pag-ibig kung kahit sa mismong pamilya ko wala 'nun. 

Napailing ako.

I parked my car to the side and went to the soccer tryouts. I changed my clothes to more comfortable ones.

I prepared myself with some stretches before going out to the field with the others. 

As soon as the sun hit my face I heard giggles and screams from the students who were watching the tryouts.

I roamed my eyes around the crowd who were watching us. Until my eyes laid on her.

Natigilan ako at nararamdaman ang malakas na pagtibok ng aking puso. Pakiramdam ko nakita ko na siya, pero saan?