Chapter 32

A/N: I'M SOSOSOS SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR SO LONG but I have my exams rn which I really need to focus on 😭 (anyways I'm failing them already🤪)
____________________________________
Lo'aks pov:
I decide to search for Neteyam but I can't find him anywhere. After a while of unsuccessfully search for my brother, I sigh and drop my body on a rock. I look around, realizing I'm fat away from home.
Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder, almost making me jump. I quickly turn around to see the person who scared me like that. My eyes slightly widen when I see Ateyo standing in front of me.

"You almost gave me a heart attack!" I sigh in relief, knowing that I'm safe... right? "Sorry I didn't mean to, little Sully.." He says in a.. strange tone? "How did you even find me here?" I ask confused. No one actually comes here just to take a walk.
"Oh, I saw you walking around like a little lost puppy.. all alone.. in the dark~" His voice starts to give me some serious chills so I slowly back away a little. "Were you.. following me?" I ask suspicious.

"I just want to make sure my.. friend.. is okay. I'm just taking care of you." He says, a strange emphasis on the word. "Thank you..?" I frown. He slowly gets closer, settling down next to me. I have to look all the way up to face him, caused by our size differences. He leans back, his back touching rock. I follow his actions, making him grin as I struggle to keep my feet on the ground.

"So what were you doing here?" "Looking for my brother.. I haven't seen him and Ao'nung for a long time.. it feels like days." I say, looking at the glowing stars above us. "I'm sure they're okay. They just went to an island close to this one." Ateyo reassures me and I nod. "I hope so.." He runs his hand up my leg, slowly trailing up to my thigh as he pauses it there. "You're so cute..I don't know what it is about you that got me so possessive over you.." He says in a lower voice.

My body slightly shakes at the sudden touch. "A-Ateyo.." I say, not knowing what to do. His hand slowly starts rubbing its way up to undo my loincloth as I slowly push his hand away. "I'm sorry.. just couldn't resist." He says, making this whole situation even more awkward.
"I know you probably hate me because of what my brother has done to you, and I totally get it.. But I'm not him." Ateyo says.

I take a deep breath and slowly look up at him, my eyes locking into his. "Ateyo, that's not the problem. It's just too early for me.." I reply. "I understand.. I just wanted to distract you a littl-" "I-I really loved him, Ateyo.." My voice starts to shake. "He does this to every person he meets.. I'm so sorry Lo'ak." Ateyo says, slowly wrapping his hands around me. Instead of struggling against his touch, I bury my head in his chest. The warm feeling flushing through my body makes my tail curl in comfort.

"Shhh.. We'll get over it together." He gently caresses my head as he twirls a few pieces of my hair around his finger. His hand slides down my arm, noticing my body shaking. "Are you cold?" I slightly nod, not wanting to let go off him. "Your body is freezing, Lo'ak.." He gets up, leaving no other choice than to get off his chest. "Let's get you home before you'll actually get sick."

As I'm about to get up to walk, he lifts my body up as I widen my eyes surprised at the sudden action. A warm feeling flushes over my cheeks as I hide my face in his neck, wrapping my legs around his waist. "You're so short.. I'm like ten times your size." Ateyo says, making me pout. "I'm not-" A sudden sharp feeling of something tugging at my tail makes me shut up. "You skxawng!" I whine as he pulls my tail, not hard enough to hurt me but hard enough in a playful way.

He drops me on the floor and I attempt to grab his tail. We end up trying to catch each other's tail the whole way until my place. "Thank you.. Ateyo." I say, pausing before entering. "We should hang out more often." I nod and say bye as he leaves. I enter the door, raising my eyebrows. Where is everyone? Probably with Ronal and Tonowari.. right?
I lay down on my bed, too exhausted to even worry about it. Maybe Ateyo isn't that bad.. It doesn't take me long to completely fall asleep thinking about Ateyo his light ocean-shaded eyes, his muscular body.

A/N:
Sorry for this short ahh chapter 😭 Anyways if y'all have suggestions, pls lmk