Chapter 3

THIRD PERSON POV:
"That was so fun!" Tuk says. "Let's check out the sunset!" Tsireya says excited. "I think I'm going to help out dad with arranging our new 'home'." I say.
"Oh c'mon bro, don't act so mature." Lo'ak says rolling his eyes. "Tey, I'm sure you'll enjoy the view." Kiri says. "Fine." I say following the others. "This is the best place to see the sunset." Tsireya says proudly. "Wow! Neteyam look how beautiful this is!" Tuk says pulling my arm.

The sun setting down, a few stars already appearing and the orange-yellowish color of the sky makes my jaw drop. "Wow.." is all I say. I look around, seeing all of my siblings also speechless.
"Welcome to the reef." Tsireya says smiling.

After hours of talking and talking, I decide to go to my dad since it's already getting pretty late. "I'll see you guys tomorrow. Oh and Lo'ak, bring our sisters home safe." I warn my brother. "All good." He replies and I walk away after wishing everyone a good night. Expect for Ao'nung since he seems to ignore my existence..

"Dad, I'm home." I say when I walk inside the hut. "Where have you been?" Mom quickly walks up to me. "Me and Lo'ak already made friends with the others." I say smiling. "That's so good to hear!" My mom says proudly.

"Where are your siblings!" Mom asks. "They're with the others, don't worry they will be safe." Where's dad?" I ask. "Dad is fishing with Tonowari and me and Ronal are just laying down here. I think you should go to sleep, it's pretty late already." My mom suggests. I nod and walk out.

Laying down in my new bed, I close my eyes and wait for myself to fall asleep but I just can't. I keep thinking about something.. someone.. Ao'nung. I can't help it but the way he looked at me.. the thing that poked my back.. a few minutes later I feel myself falling asleep.
_________________________________

"NETEYAM, WAKE UP!" I hear someone yelling. I open my eyes and quickly close them due to the bright light of the sun.

"NETEYAM SULLY, I AM NOT TELLING YOU AGAIN." Dad yells. "OKAY OKAY." I roll my eyes. I get out of the seyn (bed) and walk to the 'living room'. "Dad, why are you yelling so hard?" I say annoyed. "Get your ass out of this hut and go hang out with your new friends!" He yells. "Wha- fine." I roll my eyes.

I'm obviously not going to hang out with them since I'm still very tired, I'll just search a calm place to continue sleeping.
After a long time searching for a good and calm spot to sleep, I finally find one! I drop myself in the soft sand and lay down on my stomach.The sound of the waves of the beautiful water immediately makes me fall asleep.

"Look at this idiot! What is he doing!" I hear a voice say. I quickly get up and turn around seeing Ao'nung and his friends surrounding me. "What do you want?" I ask annoyed. "Look at that tail!" A guy says making the others laugh. He grabs it and I quickly turn around and hiss at him. "Don't touch me." I warn him.

"Look at his little baby tail." Ao'nung says, pulling on my tail. I turn around to him and grab his arm. "I said don't touch me." I hiss. "Don't make me throw the first punch, Ao'nung." I say. "What a mature boy you are, forest boy." He says smirking at me. As I'm about to leave, I hear one of his skxwang friends say "That's right, go back to your stupid worthless family." That's it.

I turn around, walk up to him and punch him in his face. "Don't ever talk back about my family." I say and turn around to walk away but someone grabs my tail so hard making me growl out in pain.

Someone gets on top of me and punches me in the face a few times. "Okay Lix, get off of him now." Ao'nung says. Ao'nung walks up to me and grabs my braided hair harshly making me face him while I'm still on my knees. He moves closer to my face, "I can make you my slave right now if I want to, so don't act all grown up and mature, forest boy." He says with this stupid smirk on his face. If he wasn't so hot, I would be hating this..

"Hey fishlips, if you don't let go off my brother now I'll make sure you won't forget this." I hear a familiar voice. Lo'ak!
"Oh, look at the little frea-" before Ao'nung could finish his sentence, Lo'ak already punched him in his face and gets on top of him. I get up quickly and beat up the other kids. After the fight finally ends, we won, Lo'ak says one more thing before leavin. "Do not ever touch my brother again." And gives Ao'nung one last punch.

"Let's go, Tey." He grabs my arm and we walk away. "Ouch! Ow! My jaw hurts. Everything hurts Lo'ak." I cry out when we finally arrive to the hut. "Bro sit down on the seyn." He says. "What the fuck happened?" He says. "Nothing bro, it was my fault." I sigh. "My whole body hurts." I yank out. As Lo'ak cleans up the blood and scars on my body, he comforts me. "Bro, what actually happened? You know better than this." He says.

"He was talking shit about our family.." I say. "These scars look fucking painful." He says. "They are." I say. "Why do they hate me, Lo'ak?" I cry out as he grabs me into a tight hug. "You're too hot for them bro, they were staring at your ass." He says while chuckling. "Oh shut up skxwang!" I laugh and we just cuddle up together. "Please don't tell dad though."