Chapter 21

NETEYAMS POV:
As we finally arrive to the island, Ao grabs my hand and smiles. "We made it." He says and a smile appears on my face. "I told you, we'd be okay!" He says cuddling me. I look around and my eyes widen. "It's so beautiful!" I say flabbergasted. He smiles and nods.
"Now I understand why you always come here." I say and we walk further on the island. "Why does nobody live here?" I ask confused. "This place has a pretty sad backstory. This place used to be destroyed by other clans. More than 4 million Metkayinas died." He says and my mouth drops.

"That's horrible.. but how comes it looks so beautiful if everything used to be destroyed?" I ask. "Eywa." He says and I nod understanding what he means. "Anyways, I want to show you the place I used to live." He says pulling my arm like I can't walk by myself. "Stop pulling meee!" I whine. We arrive to a beautiful looking hut. The roof is decorated with plants and it's overall big.
"What do you think?" He asks seeing the excitement on my face. "Wow! It's so beautiful!" I say and we walk in. "I never come here when I'm on the island though." He says and I frown. "What? Then where do you go?" I ask.

"I just lay down on the soft sand watching the waves and when it's night I watch the stars. Like this sand is pretty much 10 times softer than ours." He says making me curious about the sand. "Wanna go there? It's sunset so you'll get a beautiful view."  He says and I nod enthusiastically. We walk to the place just in front of the water and we lay down. "This is amazing!" I say smiling while dugging my body into the soft beautiful sand. He nods and smiles at me. "You're so cute, Tey." He says and I smile back.

He grabs my hand and we watch the sun set slowly while talking about stuff. A few hours later I turn my head to see Ao already sleeping. The starts and the moon shine just on us making me smile at how beautiful the view is. "Ao?" I say to see if he's deeply asleep. No response.. I look around but I'm cold and pretty scared to sleep here in the middle of the night. "Ao?" I say again shaking me lightly. "Hmm.?" He says softly opening his eyes. "Oh, Tey." He gets up.

"What's wrong, love?" He asks and he notices my body shaking slightly. "Oh, you're cold?" He asks. "A-and scared.." I say blushing at the embarrassment. He smirks and grabs my hand. "I'm here, Tey. There's nothing to be afraid of." He says moving closer. He cuddles me making me feel a lot warmer and more comfortable. I smile at him and hide my face in his chest. "Is this better?" He asks kissing my head. "Way better." I say feeling my eyelids getting heavier and slowly closing.

______________________
Lix grabs my chin gently making me face him. "You're so cute." He says smirking. "I wanna mate with you." He says caressing my cheek with his thumb. "M-me too." I say blushing at the way he looks at me. He suddenly grabs my braid. (I know it's not called a braid but yk what I mean) I quickly back away a little. "L-Lix!" I frown at him.
Did he mean he wants to mate right now?! "You don't want to?" He asks dropping his smile. "I-.. isn't it too soon?" I ask quietly. "I already know I'm going to love you my whole life.. but you don't seem to feel the same." He says making my heart sink.

"Yes I do!" I say grabbing his hand. "I.. but my dad will kill me if he knows I'm mating already. Especially with someone he has never met before." I say and he sighs. "Oh.. I see." He says distancing himself from me. "Lix..? I'm sorr-" "No, it's fine." He interrupts me definitely unsatisfied. I grab his hand. "Lo, it's fine. I understand." He says and I nod. I hug him and he gently wraps his arms around me. "I love you." I say and he says it back kissing my head. "Are you mad?" I ask and he shakes his head. "Lo, I already said I'm not." He says and I quickly nod not wanting him to get mad again.

"But I was serious though, I wanna mate with you when we're older.. and when you're ready." He says kissing my lips softly now. "I-I know.. me too." I say blushing. He knows how to make me fold just by looking at me. He notices it and smirks. "And we'll grow up, having a healthy relationship." He says kissing my cheek. "But.. don't you want a wife and kids? I.. can't give you them." I say.