Chapter 4

*NETEYAMS POV*
"Ma Neteyam, I have to tell dad! This isn't okay." Lo'ak says. "No! You can't!" I say panicked. "Why not? He'll tell Tonowari and-" "Lo'ak, no. I already caused trouble the second day on this stupid island! Dad will be disappointed." I say looking at my knees sadly.

"Don't worry bro, I'll take the blame." He smiles. "No, Lo'ak not again. Let's just tell nobody please." I beg him. "Fine, but promise me that if they ever touch you again you'll tell me." He says. "Promise, thank you for caring ma tsmukan (brother)." I smile and look at him. "Always, skxwang." He smiles back. "Now let's to the others."

"Neteyam, what's wrong with your face? What are those scratches?" My mom asks worried as she runs up to me. "Nothing, sa'nu (mom). I just tripped." I quickly lie and try to avoid her worried gaze. "If you say so.." she says looking suspiciously. "Anyways, where is dad?" I ask to break the silence.

"I'm right here, son- damn what happened to your face!" He says walking to to me and grabbing my face. "Those scratches are pretty deep." He says. "Uh, I tripped." I say. "Are you okay?" He asks. "Yes I am." I smile. "So, let's go to the sea edge to meet the others." Mom says.

As I'm about to walk behind the others, my dad grabs my arm and pulls me back. "What actually happened?" He asks. "I- Well I tripped." I quickly say. "Don't lie please just tell me." He says. "I fought with Ao'nung and his friends. But please do not get mad they were talking shit about our family." I sigh.

"Why would I be mad? It's a beautiful thing of you that you stick up for your family." He says hugging me. "And I'll talk to Tonowari. Nobody gets to hurt my son." He says and grabs my arm to pull me up. "I'll ask your mom to take care of your wounds."

_____________________________________
"Oh, ma Neteyam! I can feel your pain!" My mom says for the 5th time this minute. "I'm okay, sa'nu (mom)." "No you're not, baby! Let me clean them so they can heal safely." She grabs the 'umtsa (disinfection) and cleans the wounds on my face.

"Ouch! Ow!" I cry out as my dad grabs my hand. "It's okay, Tey." He says while I squeeze his hand harshly. "Ow! Ouch! How long is this gonna take?" I yank out.

"How do you feel, my son?" My dad asks me when my mom stitched all of my wounds. "Fucking awful." I cry out. "I'm sorry, Tey. But now they won't get infected." My mom says hugging me. "Let's go to the others." My dad says.

"Neteyam!" Kiri and Tuk run to me. "Are you okay, brother?" Kiri asks. "It hurt a lot but I'm good now." I sigh. "What happened Neteyam?" Tuk asks worried. "Nothing, I just tripped." I say and pet her on her head. "Mom was searching for you, Tuk." I say and wait until she leaves. "What happened, Neteyam?" Kiri asks. "Ao'nung and his friends..  but it's okay, dad will handle it." I say and smile at her. "Are you sure?" She asks. "Yes, mom already stitched the wounds." I smile at her and leave.

"Neteyam! Are you okay?" Tsireya asks. "Yes, I'm okay thanks for asking." I smile at her. "What happened?" She asks clearly worried. "I just tripped and hurt myself but my mom already stitched my wounds." I lie and quickly look at Lo'ak who's glancing at Ao'nung and clenching his fists angrily. Then I look at Ao'nung, who's smirking at me like the stupid bitch he is. "Let's go for a swim." Rotxo says smiling. I nod at the idea and we leave to the sea.

As everyone talks to each other on our way to the sea, Lo'ak walks next to me. "Please keep them away from me, Lo." I beg my brother. "I will, don't worry bro." He says. "Why was that little bitch smirking at you while staring at your ass?" He looks at me. "Shut up, Lo'ak!" I quickly look around to see if anyone has heard him. "He was probably looking at my tail." "We both know he was staring at that ass." He laughs as I hit him playfully. "Shut up you perv!" We laugh and continue to talk.

As we finally arrive to the sea, Tsireya, Tuk and Lo'ak run together to play beach volleyball, Kiri and Rotxo are diving into the fresh water and me.. I'm just walking around on the beautiful warm sand sitting in the sand while looking at the beautiful view of the waves and the sunset. "Yo, forest boy." I hear someone say. Fuck. It's the person I prayed to Eywa  for not to see.. Ao'nung. As I'm about to walk away he grabs my arm harshly making me sit down.

"Don't touch m-" "I don't want to hurt you like yesterday, forest boy. I just wanted to apologize for being stronger than you." He smirks still holding my arm. "L-let go off my arm." I pull my arm away. "I was literally apologizing." He says confused. I keep my eyes on the waves and play with the sand. "So? You're forgiving me?" He smirks and looks at me in my eyes. What's with that damn smirk?

I ignore him again and turn my head to the other side to not look at him. "You're just going to ignore me?" He says. "Okay fine. I'm sorry for.. hurting you." He says looking pretty serious. I turn my head to look at him. "So?" He waits for my reaction. I shrug my shoulders and look away again. "I take that as a yes." He smiles.

"Remember when I hit you in the face with my tail?" He smirks and I can't help but let out a giggle. "Oh so you find me funny?" He smiles and I quickly turn my head to the other side . "We both know you were laughing, forest boy." He says. "I wasn't." I say. "Oh so he can talk now? Yes you were." He says laughing. "I was not." I say. "You should have seen your face when I hit you with my tail." He laughs out.

"You should have seen your face when I punched you in your face." I laugh back. "You should have seen you face when my friend pulled your tail so hard you couldn't even get up." He laughs. "You should have seen your face when I hit you 3 times in a row." I laugh. "You should have seen-"

"Leave my brother alone, now." I hear someone say. I quickly turn around and see Lo'ak. "Lo-" I try to say but he grabs my arm and pulls me away from Ao'nung. "Bro he apologized!" I say. "So? You are way too nice, my brother." He says. "We're cool.." I say. "Hmm whatever you say, but if he beats you up again, I'm going to watch, point, laugh and walk away." He says and I roll my eyes walking back to Ao'nung.

"What a nice brother you got." He smirks. "He was just uh-" "warning you about me? I get that. But  I am sorry for hurting you earlier, forest boy." He says looking all serious. "Okay, I already said that it's okay." I roll my eyes. "What an attitude." He rolls his eyes back. I try not to smile but he looks way too ... cute? "Are your wounds okay?" He asks. "My mom stitched them, it hurt like hell but here I am." I say, grabbing some sand and letting it slide out of my hands between my fingers.

"I'll tell my friends to leave you alone though." He says breaking the peaceful silence. I nod my head. "Ao'nung? Neteyam? Let's get in the water!" I hear Tsireya say. "Coming!" Ao'nung yells. "My sister and I are going to teach you how to breathe controllably underwater." He says. As I'm about to get up, I see a hand in front of me. Wait.. Ao'nung is offering me a hand? NOT LIKE THAT.. but. Oh well. I grab his and and he pulls me up.