Chapter 9

"Wake up, baby." Ao'nung says as he gently shakes me. I open my eyes and sit up. "Fuck.. how late is it?" I say. My dad is going to kill me.. "Don't worry baby, I already told your dad you would be staying with me." He says caressing my cheek gently. "Thank you." I smile. "So you don't mind my friends coming over? I can always send them away." He says.

"No, it's okay Ao'nung. I don't wanna ruin everything." I say. "You won't ruin anything baby. Just let me know when you get uncomfortable. I'll stay sober tonight." He says kissing my cheek gently. I nod and get up. "Have you seen Lo'ak?" I ask. "No.. but I know what my sister has done and I feel truly sorry for your brother." He says. "Yeah that was pretty awful for him to see. But he'll get over it." I say. "So you've never dated anyone, right?" Ao'nung asks. "I haven't.. why?" I say embarrassed.

"You're so innocent and I love it, Neteyam." He says kissing my lips softly. "How's your lip by the way?" He asks staring at my lip. "It's been healing.." I say getting nervous by the way he's staring at me. My tail goes crazy and my ears twitch. He grabs my tail gently. "Damn I actually love your tail." He says smirking. "How late are your friends coming over?" I ask trying to change the subject. "Pretty much in like 10 minutes." He says.

"Baby you don't have to worry about anything, you know that right?" He says grabbing my hand. "I know, Ao. You already told me this like 50 times." I roll my eyes. "I'm serious, Neteyam." He says tightening his grip on my hand a little bit. I nod.

"Yo Ao'nung! I got some good stuff in here." His friends walk in the room and show a bag. The room quickly smells like weed and alcohol. "I'm staying sober tonight guys." Ao'nung says. One of his friends burst out in laughing. "Ao'nung? Sober?" He says. "Bro I'm for real." He says. "You've changed a lot since this blue.." Ao'nung gives him a death stare. "Since this new resident!" His friend says smiling at me. " I raise my eyebrows at Ao'nung and sit down.

Everyone starts blowing and drinking except for Ao'nung and me. We just talk about random things until one of his friends come in walking at us. "Bro have you already fucked him like you did with your last hook up? She thought shit was serious." His friend says laughing. I raise my eyebrows at Ao'nung. "Bro.." Ao'nung says What does he mean?" I ask. "He's just high.." he says. I shake my head.

"What does he mean?" I repeat. "I was different then-" "So you haven't changed?-" I ask but he almost yells back. "Neteyam, my best friend died.. okay? He was murdered in front of my eyes. I had to see everything! I had to suffer in silence and nobody ever cared.." "Ao'nung.. I..I'm so sorry!" I hug him tightly. "I really had no idea-" "It's not your fault baby." He says kissing my cheek. "Ao, you really don't want anything?" His other friend asks. Ao'nung shakes his head.

"You can. I don't mind." I say. "No I don't want to. I wanna be with you.. all sober." He says smiling at me. "Bro you brainwashed him?" His friend says. Ao'nung chuckles and grabs my hand dragging me outside. "I just wanna spend some time alone with my tìyawn (love). I smile as he shows me some new places I haven't saw yet. "Do you wanna go back home?" He suddenly asks. "No, do you?" "I mean back to the forest.." he says as he stops walking.

"Oh.. hmm I don't know. There's war. But I do miss my family though." I reply. He nods his head and grabs my hand. "I love you, Neteyam." He says. "I love you too, Ao." I say and he immediately presses his lips against mine. It's a calm and beautiful kiss as we hear the waves of the sea right next to us. I don't want to let go but he sadly breaks the kiss. "Want to go back to my friends?" He says. I nod my head and we walk back.

"Yo Ao, where were you guys?" His friend says. "What's his name?" I ask Ao'nung. "That's Lixin but people call him Lix." He says and I nod my head. "We were checking out the sea." Ao'nung says. Lix nods his head. "Y'all made out?" He asks. I quickly look at Ao'nung and he looks at me.

"Y'all are another level of suspicious, I was just joking damn." Lix says chuckling. "Oh..anyways I gotta use the rest room." I say quickly walking away. "Tey wait- I'll check on him." Ao'nung says following me. "You said check on him bro don't make him pregnant." Lix chuckles. "Shut the fuck up Lix." Ao yells. "Damn.. your friends are strange." I say and Ao'nung nods.

"Are you okay?" Ao asks. I nod my head but I do feel a little dizzy. "Are you sure? You seem a bit tired." He says. "I.. Just a little headache." I say and he quickly comes closer. "Let's go to your parents." He says grabbing my arm gently. As I try to walk I quickly almost trip but Ao catches me in time. "Let me carry you, baby." He says carrying me. As we arrive at my place there is nobody near. "T-They left with your parents.. I don't know where my siblings are." I say as the pain starts getting worse.

"Fuck.. I don't know how to help you baby. Have you eaten anything yet?" He asks putting me down on the hahaw (bed). I slowly shake my head. "When is the last time?" He asks. "W-when we came here for the first.. time." I say my voice starting to shake. "WHAT- Baby.. are you serious?" He says quickly panicking. "Why.. why have you been starving yourself?" He asks grabbing my hand. "I.. I miss home." I say. "Oh Neteyam, I'm so sorry baby. Can you try to eat something for me?" He says gently rubbing my arm.

"I.. don't know. I'm cold.." I say holding onto him tightly. "It's okay baby. I'll get you a blanket and something to eat, okay?" He says kissing my forehead and quickly leaving. I start seeing black and feel my eyes closing as I try to keep them open. And suddenly I pass out.
_____________________________________
Ao'nung his POV:
"I'm bac- NETEYAM?" I run to him and shake him but he doesn't answer. "Neteyam? Please wake up!" I beg as I gently hold his hand not knowing what to do. "Netey- NETEYAM!" I hear someone yell. I turn around to see Lo'ak running to us. "Thank Eywa.. He passed out and I don't know what to do!" I say. "Bro wake up!" Lo'ak says almost crying at this point.

"Calm down.. w-we're going to find a way to help him." I say. He nods and hugs his brother. "Where are your parents?" I ask. "At our home." He answers not letting go of his brother. "Go get them Lo'ak!" I yell and he quickly goes. "Baby, please open your eyes for me." I say kissing his cheek. "Neteyam!" His parents quickly grab him. "What happened?" Jake asks me. "He passed out.. he needs to eat something sir!" I tell his dad.

"He hasn't been eating anything recently.." I say. Neytiri nods and uses some kind of needle in his arm. Neteyam opens his eyes slowly. "Neteyam!" We say. "You need to eat right now, my son." His dad says trying to feed him but Neteyam refuses. "Please bro.." Lo'ak says but Neteyam shakes his head. "Do it for me baby." I say holding his hand and Neteyam sighs and open his mouth. I smile at him and kiss his hand. "Thank you." Neytiri says smiling at me.

"Good, you ate the whole wutso (meal)!" Jake says proudly. "Thanks Ao'nung." Lo'ak says and I nod. "I think he needs some rest now." Neytiri says kissing his head and leaving with Jake and Lo'ak. "Baby, I'm so proud of you for eating." I say kissing his forehead. "I.. I feel terrible Ao'nung." He says. "I know baby, I know. You need some rest." I say. "D-don't leave me." He says holding my hand. I smile and lay down next to him cuddling him. "I'll be here all the time." I say kissing his head.