48│Restraining

Third Person's Point of View

"I'VE HEARD THAT YOU'RE QUITE FAST, Ichinose said that." Kanzaki said with a calm tone. Kiyotaka looked at him.

"That's misinformation. Didn't you see my rank in the 100 meter dash earlier? It's 5th place, you know." Kiyotaka reasoned out.

Kiyotaka didn't know where Ichinose had gotten that idea. He supposed she saw him running back when Sakura got caught up in that stalker incident. It's not like he was running at my top speed but from his form and such, it's very likely that she guessed his physical ability as well.

"That is indeed the result, but it didn't seem to me like you were taking it seriously."

"There's no advantage in holding back one's ability at this sports festival, right?"

Kanzaki hummed as an answer "The probability of it is low but it's not like doing so is completely meaningless from a strategic point of view. Besides, even amongst the same school year, you, Ayanokouji, are a pretty calm man. That type of person is scary after all. And you, Arison. I really don't know your whole capabilitie–."

"Don't expect me in this sport festival, I'm afraid to sweat." Axel cut off Kanzaki and said that with his hand swaying to the air.

Kanzaki smirked and fixed his eyeglasses and glanced at our duo.

"We'll see that."

After no less than a second The race started, and the chosen competitors began running. Kanzaki ends up taking first place, while Axel in second and Kiyotaka ends up in third place.

"Kiyo should I really take 2nd place ah look now I'm sweating!"

Kiyotaka didn't reply but patted his head. Axel just puffed his cheek.

"Good job."

They then move over to watch the girls' Hurdle Race. Horikita is once again paired with strong competition from Class C.She finishes her Hurdle Race in third place.

The next event is Capture the Flag. Class A and Class D will be facing Class B and Class C, the latter of which consists of Ryuen leading a team of his classmates who seem fairly strong.

The first match begins, with Class D and Class C on the offensive and Class A and Class B on defence. Despite Sudou's strength, he isn't enough to break through, and the first capture goes to the White Team.

Class D switches to defense for the second match while Class A fixes an offensive. Class C attacks again, and in the chaos, Sudou is punched and kicked several times by Class C, who makes it look natural so that no foul play is called.

In the end, the White Team wins the second bout of Capture the Flag as well.

Next is the Tug of War event for the boys while the girls compete in the Tamaire event. The Red Team comes out the winner for the latter, and the Tug of War begins.