05│Inklings

"HEY. WHAT ARE THESE FOR?"

As I looked for things to talk about, I saw something unusual.

In the corner of the convenience store, I saw individual portions of food and supplies.

At first glance, they looked the same as everything else, but with one major difference.

"Free... ?"

Also feeling interested, Horikita picked up one of the items. Axel also picked some items.

Daily necessities such as toothbrushes and bandages were put in a bin labeled "free of charge". The bin also had the words, "3 items per month" written on it, and it was obvious that these were different from the other goods.

"I wonder if this is emergency relief for those who have used up all their points. What a surprisingly lenient school."

"Wow, can I pick this? It looks tasty." Axel said while holding a lollipop. I sighed.

I wonder if they're only thorough with these kinds of services, though.

"Hey, just wait a bit! I'm looking for it now!"

Interrupting the peaceful background music was a loud voice from the middle of the store.

"Hurry up! Everyone's waiting!"

"Oh, really!? Tell them to complain directly to me!"

It sounded like there was trouble.. Two boys were glaring at each other as they started to quarrel. The one with a disgruntled face was the all too familiar red hair guy. He was clutching cup noodles in one of his hands.

"What's happening here?" Axel asked, the boy looked at him.

"Oh? Who're you?"

Red hair mistook Axel for another enemy and shot him a glare.

"I'm Arison from the same class. I spoke up because I thought there was trouble here." He looked at me.

"I'm Ayanokoji."

After explaining, red hair lowered his voice after understanding the situation.

"Oh... I remember you guys. I forgot my student card. Forgot that that thing is practically money from now on."

After seeing his empty hands, he started to head for the dorms. He probably forgot it there.

To be honest, it didn't fully sink in yet that the cards were needed for every payment.

"If it's fine with you, I can pay for it now. It'd be troublesome to go back to get it—I don't mind if you use my points." I said. He looked at me surprised. Axel also nodded.