15│Pawn

Kiyotaka's Point of View

WE REACHED THE STAFF ROOM and timidly opened the door. Looking around the room, We didn't see Chiyabashira-sensei anywhere. I called out to the teacher who was checking their own face in the mirror.

"Um, is Chiyabashira-sensei here?"

"What? Sae-chan? She was here until a few moments ago..."

The teacher who looked back had wavy, shoulder-length hair that gave off an adult-like impression. She said Chiyabashira-sensei's name as if they were close. They also look close in age.

"Looks like she had something to do. The two of you, Do you want to wait inside?"

"No, I'll wait in the hallway."

"Same here." Axel said while yawning.

I don't feel comfortable in areas like the staff room. Because I didn't want to attract any attention, I decided to stay in the hallway. As soon as I thought that, the teacher walked out into the hallway. But Axel didn't mind if we stayed in the staff room or in the hallway.

"I'm Hoshinomiya Chie, responsible for class B. I've been best friends with Sae since high school. We're close enough to call each other Sae-chan and Chie-chan~."

I've never heard of her before, but it seems like some useless information. I keep my poker face.

"Ne, why did Sae-chan call you here? Ne ne, why?" she said to me and went to Axel.

"And you too, pretty boy." she said while licking her lips.

"Who knows. I don't know the reason either..."

"Same.. maybe a prayer meeting?" I deadpanned, a prayer meeting? Hmm. Is that even fun?

"I don't understand. You both were called out without being given the reason? Fun? What's your name?." She said while looking at me.

A barrage of questions. She examined me up and down and she also examined Axel. This is seriously uncomfortable.

"My name is Ayanokouji."

"Arison the name."

"Ayanokouji-kun? And Arison-kun Isn't that a cool name~. Ne, you 're both popular, right~?"

What is this overly casual teacher? She's closer to a student than she is to a teacher like Chiyabashira-sensei. If this were an all-boys school, she'd probably capture the hearts of every student.

"Ne ne, do you both already have a girlfriend?"

"No... um, I'm not really popular."

"Girl is a pain in ass, so I don't have one." Yes, Axel will not have a girlfriend. Never, I will not allow that, they should talk to me first.