10│Premier

Kiyotaka's Point of View

"WOW, IT'S BIGGER THAT I THOUGHT IT'D BE"

Horikita, Axe and I met after school to go to the gymnasium.

Almost everyone there was first years; around 100 people were waiting nearby.

Waiting around the back, we were waiting for the club fair to start.

As we entered the gym, pamphlets with details about club activities were passed out.

"I wonder if this school has a particularly famous club. For example... something like a karate club?"

"A lot of clubs here seem to be high-leveled. There are a lot of members in a lot of clubs that are nationally known."

Even though this school isn't particularly known for their sports like baseball or volleyball, it isn't like the club activities are at the "hobbyist" level.

"The facilities are also high quality. Look, they even have oxygen capsules. All the equipment put pro's equipment to shame. Ah, but it looks like they don't have a karate club."

"... I see."

"Why are you interested in karate?"

"No, not particularly."

"But you know, it looks like an inexperienced person will have a hard time joining a sports club. Even if someone made their high school debut, they would be a substitute for an eternity. I don't think it would be fun."

Everything around here seems too orderly and tidy.

"Isn't that dependent on the effort they put in? After 1 to 2 years of training, anyone can become good."

Training... I don't think I would be able to put in much effort.

"I didn't think that the word 'training' existed for people who avoid trouble like you."

"What does avoiding trouble have to do anything with this?"

"Doesn't someone who avoids trouble also avoid any sort of manual labor? If you've declared that you avoid trouble, you should stick to your word until the very end."

"I don't take it that far..."

"If you're always noncommittal like that, you're never going to make friends."

"Your words wound my heart."

"Are you two just going to talk to each other or what, you completely ignore my presence you know." Axel said while licking his Ice Cream.

I'm going to ask for Ice Cream but someone interrupt our conversation.

"Thank you for waiting, first year students. A representative from each club will explain their activities and how to join. I am Tachibana, the secretary of the student council and the chairman responsible for this club fair. Nice to meet you."