"Are you serious?!"

"You're definitely stronger."

She shook her head. "Sa'ed, that's not important! She's twenty and she has a master's degree!"

"I was surprised too." He nodded at the security men who manned the gates of their estate and proceeded to drive in when the gates when open. "Do you know she said it was no big deal?"

"Please tell me you're joking."

"I'm not."

"And please tell me that you differed."

"I did."

She smiled proudly. "You've given me one more reason to love you, Architect Dantata."

Zayd was a goner; he kept falling deeper. "I love you too, Amal."

Amal leaned back in her seat, still smiling. "Hanan...Her name is cute. It fits her. Did she tell you where she was posted to?"

He shook his head. "No, we didn't get to that point. With her degree, she's hopefully going to get posted to a really nice place. I hope they treat her well. She's nice and no one else should take advantage of that."

"I agree." She then hissed. "I hope the three so called friends get stood up by people they look forward to meeting too."

"Ameen."

That made her laugh. "Zayd, we're bad people."

"They're bad people too. We're just returning the energy."

She only laughed harder while he smiled widely. Her laughter warmed his heart and knowing all that they've been through in the month, he welcomed it with open arms. When they got into the house a short while later, he went up while she decided to check in on their help – Stephanie – who had gotten started on lunch.

Amal smiled at her. "Do you need help?"

Stephanie, like Zayd, was glad Amal was in a happy mood. She shook her head. "No, it's alright. I've got it under control."

Amal nodded, still smiling. "I'll be in the living room in case you need anything."

"No problem."

There was nothing that caught her attention on the TV so Amal chose to go through her messages instead. She opened her friendship circle group chat a little later and with a small smile, she began typing.

Amal: I went out to Athena today with Zayd and God, I missed you guys.

Amal: And before you all ask, I'm doing much, much better. We just returned from the hospital sha.

Amal: I'm fine, I swear! I've just been taking too much sugar and it came back to bite me in my butt.

Amal: Anyways, we should hang out soon. I have missed you all.

Their replies came in almost immediately, one after the other. She couldn't stop herself from laughing.

Catherine: Amal, no dey give person heart attack. Guy I wanted to faint. I'm sha glad you're alright. It's all the Schweppes you've been drinking shebi?

Jameelah: I panicked until I read that you were fine. God, Amal. Alhamdulillah you're doing alright and I'm so glad you went out.

Catherine: Wait o. This woman, you go on and on about us not going to Athena for free food yet you and your husband are doing the same. Amal, if I slap you!

She made herself more comfortable on the sofa and typed quickly.

Amal: You people should leave me alone. Where is Asma? Hussayna too.