Lovebirds

You pulled me in like a tidal wave,

and let ourselves just float away.

"Expecto Patronum."

Nothing. Like numerous times before.

Groaning to myself, I lowered my wand and turned to face Fred, who had his arms crossed as he held a finger to his mouth to try and hide his laugh at my ever-growing irritability.

"It's not funny," I whinged through my own giggles, "You know I'm not good at charms, and you really expect me to be able to produce a corporeal Patronus?"

Fred let his chuckle escape as his eyes swam with amusement, "You're just a little stressed right now. Take a deep breath and try again."

"Fine," I huffed slightly and turned back towards the blank wall, "Expecto Patronum."

The tiniest mist of light seeped out of the end of my wand and soon evaporated with a puff, causing me to run my hands over my face in frustration, "I'm never going to be able to do this. Am I?"

"Of course, you will," Fred chortled as he walked over and wrapped his arms around me from behind, "You were able to make the shield just yesterday. It just takes a little more practice."

Sighing, I turned to bury my face in his chest, "I guess you're right."

"Aren't I always?" He asked cheekily

"Don't get cocky, Weasley."

He smirked, looking down at me, "I never heard you complain about it before."

"Yeah, out loud!" I jested, rolling my eyes, "However, in my head, I say something about it at least five times a day."

Fred chuckled again and kissed my forehead, "How 'bout we take a break? I'll go fix us something to drink, and after we're done resting, we'll try again?"

I sighed in relief, "That sounds really lovely. Would you like any help?"

He shook his head, "No thanks. You just relax until I get back."

"Thanks, Freddie, " I said before giving him a peck on the lips.

"No problem," He grinned and headed for the door, "I'll be right back."

After he left the room, I walked over to the bed and plopped down on it. Staring at the ceiling, I felt my chest rise and fall as I took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

For the last two weeks, Fred has been attempting to teach me several defensive spells he mastered over his final year at school. Okay, some of them he already knew because he was so gifted with spell work, but according to him, it didn't hurt to have the refresher. It was the more complicated spells that Fred really took pride in. I truly enjoyed watching his eagerness each time he taught me a new charm; his cheers would fill my heart with joy when I conquered one. I'll never forget that look on his face as he laughed excitedly and ran his hands through his hair after I exploded a Fanged Frisbee with Bombarda.

The only charm I have yet to learn is the Patronus Charm. Fred's been trying to teach it to me since the first day of practice, but I haven't quite figured it out yet. I did learn to make a shield, but he told me he wouldn't give up until I could produce a corporeal Patronus. To be honest, I didn't want the lessons to end. They can sometimes be taxing, but they've quickly become one of the highlights of my day. Maybe we can find time to practise other new spells together in the future.