Chapter 15: ✴A Star✴ 🔵An Orb🔵 🎵And A Song🎵

Last night...

💢Shift💢

Shift stared at the peaceful axew laid in his tiny haybed. This is it... He thought sadly.

Axel breathed softly, slowly inhaling, and exhaling, unknown of the fact that he could die tomorrow. What was probably a greater fear was the looming in his mind was if he actually managed to kill someone. So far, he and the leaders had always been quick about containing Axel before he could genully hurt anybody. But now with the teams as a factor, that would be even more difficult now. Everything's in place just in case. He thought, he even included one of Axels teammates in his plan. Not that they knew anyway.

He stared toward the chest at the window sending a wave of fear inside him. A reminder of the murder weapon he might have to use tomorrow. It was painful to think that he would most likely have to kill Axel after all that they've been through... He was like the son he never had, and now the thought of having to throw that away for the fact that he could kill someone without even knowing it gave him a massive stomach ache. What's worse is he doesn't even know. He CAN'T know... It would destroy his whole personality...

Axel shifted uncomfortably, as if he were actually listening in on his thoughts through sleep. What am I going to do? I don't know if I'll have the courage to pull the plug. He's still really young. Or maybe he's older then I think? I don't know how his kind works, but still... He went to the chest at the end of Axels room, and with the key in his leafy hands, opened it.

A star, an orb, and a song...

The song was the most painful of the three objects but still was pretty obvious. It symbolized Axel's sad ending in this world, peaceful, but upsetting.

The orb, held most of his pain and thoughts of his corruptation life. A new kind of orb made specifically to alter memories designed especially for him. Sadly it had no effect on dreams though as some would escape and give Axel night terrors every night. This forgetful orb, was what kept Axel, well... Axel in a way. That's way Shift would have to kill him. After a while, the orb starts to lose effect as it fills with more and more memories making Axel start to remember his nightmare filled dreams.

Then there was the star... Everytime he stared at it made him wonder where it came from. He had found Axel playing with it at a very young age one day examining how bright it object was. When Shift took it from him the light immediately faded away and became dull ever since. The star had been in this box collecting dust for over 8 years now and he still never had seen it shine again, now it was just a painful memory he would have to get rid of once Axel was gone.

Then, the last thing in the dark dusty chest, was a note...

'For the dear family who finds me... my name is Axel... and I please ask you to raise me like your own, and guide me through the many challenges life has to offer.'

His note... Shift thought remembering the village Axel was in on the night he found him. Shift held the parchment tightly stubbornly trying to not tear up. Blakes words echoed in his mind.

"WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT THIS FRICKIN AXEW! HE'S NOT EVEN THE SAME SPECIES AS THE REST OF US!"

"YOU HAVEN'T SPENT THE LAST 10 YEARS WITH HIM-" He had said, and that was true. Axel was kind, trustworthy, loyal.