Chapter 6: The Eye of the Storm

💢🪓🪓🪓💢

Axel stared off into space as they waited for every other recruits to finish.

"Damn we finished before even the leaders even came to the finish line... You really are good at this kind of thing..." Turly said.

"Hmph," Piper, who had done nothing but procrastinate the whole time muttered, "He just got frickin lucky,"

"I didn't see you trying to figure out the secret number language," Turly pointed out to her.

"Cause he solved it before I could glance at it," she pointed at Axel with an annoyed expression. Axel, who remained motionless with his back toward them, continued to stare at the forest.

"He spent a good 10 minutes on that puzzle while you complained about the stupidity of the puzzles that you said you could solve 'easily' when you didn't even solve ONE!"

"What the heck is a minute? Do you even know what you are saying?"

Axel drove their voices out of his mind. There was something bothering him that he couldn't quite touch. Like Blake's reaction to his question when they started the trail. It wasn't just Blake either. It seemed like his presence bothered all 3 of Orbits leaders. The way that their eyes locked on to him during the ceremony yesterday felt odd too. Something was off. That dream worried him too. It felt familiar but imaginary. There was also Chiree, who he still wasn't sure whether to trust.

"What are you thinking so hard about Axel?" Turly's voice derailed Axel's train of thought.

"Uh... nothing sorry," Axel gripped his left tusk.

"Your still on that dream of yours huh," Turly said coming to sit next to him.

"A little bit..."

"Well cheer up its not like it's gonna kill you right?" Turly replied.

Axel gave a faint smile, "I guess so..."

"That's the spirit," Turly said. They watched the sun's rays hit the forest treeline. "Hey can I trust you keep a secret?"

Great more secrets. Axel thought. "Most likely..."

Turly looked behind his shoulder probably making sure Piper wouldn't overhear. "Remember the question you asked me this morning,"

Axel nodded.

"The truth is that I know exactly what a Pokedex is..." He sighed, "A Pokedex is a device that holds information on every species of Pokémon there are in the world,"

"Like a connection orb?"

"A what?" Turly asked.

"Connection orb," Axel repeated. "It shows the connections between Pokémon relationships but also shows the pokémon that you've acquainted with,"

"I guess," Turly replied with an even more confused look on his face. "Anyways," Turly continued, "What's your real name then..."

"What? What are you talking about?" Axel asked the turtwig.

"Your human name..." Turly asked. "You've got to be human too aren't you?"