"In the maze," Newt grumbled with a clenched jaw. He bent toward me and told me something in my ear. "I can't believe they are doing this. What the hell are they thinking? That Minho was the guy from yesterday? And then Minho says it's true! They don't even know what actually happened."

I balled my fists, getting angry at Minho. How dare he say all that stuff? Did he want to be cool or tough? Because he wasn't. Especially not after this. I was starting to like Minho, but now he ruined it and all my respect for him was gone.

"You got building today," Newt told me. "Gally will be here in a second."

I nodded, trying to hide my anger and embarrassment.

Just like Newt said, Gally walked over to us a few minutes later. "Hey, Newbie." He looked up and down at my body, causing me to shrink my body.

"Stop looking at her like that and do your bloody job, Gally." Newt snapped, which I really thanked and appreciated him for. I gave him a small nod and followed Gally out.

The whole way I followed Gally, I looked around, searching for a sign of the boy from the previous night. I was scared something like it would happen again, or worse.

A boy that walked past us gave me a wink and whistled. Others made some comments about my body or Minho.

~

To my relief, nothing else happened that day. People still made some comments, whispered, and grinned, but they didn't touch me. The building didn't go that well, though. I hammered on my hand instead of the nail multiple times, so I guessed the job wasn't really made for me.

Frypan just handed me and Chuck our plates with dinner, when I noticed Minho running out of the maze. The stupid smirk on his face was enough to make me angry.

"Hold this, Chuck." I put my plate in the kid's hands.

"This is going to be awesome." Chuck breathed once he saw Minho and me.

The anger already flowed through my veins as I made my way to Minho, making my breaths heavy. I didn't remember ever being this angry. How could he just say all those things? Especially because they were lies and something serious was going on last night! He couldn't just joke about that.

"MINHO!"
Minho's face darkened for a split second once he saw my expression. Once I reached the boy, he wanted to say something, but I interrupted him by holding up my arm. With all the power and anger I had in me, I hit his cheek, hard. Hard enough to make my hand burn and Minho's face fly to the side. Even a few people around us looked up when they heard the loud smack.

Minho groaned and put his hand on the place where I hit him, seeming quite offended. It must've hurt, but I didn't care at all.

"You idiot!" I immediately raised my voice, anger pumping through my veins. "What do you think? That you're tough and cool because you made up some rumors? That you kissed and even shucked me? Does that make you feel better? I was starting to like you! You gave me your clothes, kept watch on me in the showers, and were a bit nicer... only because you wanted to impress those boys? It is NOT true and you know it yourself!"

All the comments people made all day came back to my mind, so my face flushed red with anger. I remembered what happened last night and how Minho found his benefit in it. My whole body was literally shaking from the anger.

"You think it's okay to just say that kind of stuff? What do you think about the comments people made all day? Did you think about that? Of course you didn't, you're egoistic! And you only think you're so cool, but you're NOT! Are you just mad because I kicked you? Is that the only reason? Because then you're LAME!" I screamed, tears forming in my eyes at the anger.

Minho looked at me in shock, his cheek already red, and with wide eyes. "I-." He smattered.

"I'm done yet!" I got closer to him, our faces just inches away from each other. "What do you think Winston saw last night? That I hooked up with you? YOU knew it wasn't you! But do you seriously think I would voluntarily let someone touch me after being here for three days? Some of those stupid friends of yours thought it would be fun to touch me without permission, and you only use it as a benefit to impress the others! While I was running from that creep and finally got help from Newt, you were in the Homestead, talking about how you hooked up with me! Do you feel good now?"

Minho's eyes and face filled with horror, but he didn't say anything. Just staring at me like a crazy person.

"Did I leave you speechless now? Where is the sassy and cool Minho? You're not as okay as you think you are! Try thinking about the effect this could have on others! You just told everyone I hook up with people in four days! You're making stuff worse! Now maybe not only the stupid guy from last night will try something, but EVERYONE! I thought you were starting to trust me, but I feel like the only shucking people I can trust in here are Newt and Chuck!"

With a clenched jaw and eyes wide of anger, I stared at Minho, breathing heavily.

"What?" Minho breathed, looking at me. His face was full of worry, sadness, and horror. Eventually, I turned around and walked off.

~

A/N: Well... he deserved it.
And I wanted Jane and Minho to have some more enemy stuff :)

I feel like this part of the story has a lot in common with a scene in The Defender written by
MEllenH
I just wanted to give those credits! And I would really recommend reading her stories. They're very well written and just a-maze-ing!!❤️