Chapter 5. The Visions

Annabeth
I was riding in my carriage over to the neutral land. Technically, it has a lot of buildings for travelers to live in.

The capital of the neutral land is the only place where every kingdom is allowed.

We were about 15 minutes away from the capital, and my parents had woken up and decided to scold me.

Why did they decide to scold me? No. Fucking. Idea.

"You shouldn't be dressed like that!"
"You shouldn't have eaten, you look big!"
"You should've slept, you have huge bags!" The insults kept coming until I decided to tune out everything my parents said.

I stared out the window, longing to be in my room.

The carriage stopped abruptly, launching me forward.

I hit my head on the carriage wall, I groaned, rubbing my head.

"You should've eaten, you're as thin as a feather!" I heard my father's voice come.

That's it

"YOU JUST TOLD ME NOT TO EAT, THAT I'M 'big' AND NOW YOU SAY I'M TOO LIGHT? MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND!" I screamed.

My mother and father looked taken aback, they were silenced.

I saw the realization dawn on their faces.

"We—" they started, but I raised my hand for them to stop.

We had reached the capital.

"Let's go," I said.

I hopped out of the carriage, I felt oddly anxious. Like something was brewing, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I luckily lost my parents before they could even try to apologize.

I walked into the huge building.

It was even bigger than our palace, so it was huge.

I knew I would get lost, but I didn't care. Anything is better than enduring my parents' empty apologies.

I admired the architecture, it was like an Ancient Greek building, but it was only built a few hundred years ago.

The marble flooring was clicking under my footsteps.

I was currently wearing a grey dress that was loose around me, I had some beige heels that had no backs, only the strap holding it to my foot.

I could feel my eyes tearing up, but I refused to let a single tear fall.

I looked at the white and grey marble floor, keeping my eyes open.

I felt myself impact with something—or someone— and then felt arms around me to make sure I didn't fall.

I looked up and saw an ocean in someone's eyes.

They were clashing, like a huge storm mixed with calm peaceful sun. Sea-Green

I gasped, damn it! I was trying my best to avoid this prince.

"Oh my, I am so sorry!" Prince Perseus said. "Oh no, it's completely my fault. Sorry, I'll be on my way," I said, trying my best to get away from the son of the Sea Kingdom. I looked down at the floor.

"Wait, did I do something wrong?" He asked, seemingly anxious.

"No... no," I shook my head. "I just... wanted to get away from people for a little bit," I murmured, looking up fearfully.

He smiled softly at me, then started saying, "Same... my family was pestering me about love interests." Prince Perseus chuckled.

I laughed softly and then looked up.