His eyes narrow into deathly slits. "But Shiro knew? That you were a healer and he chose not to say anything?"

There was no other way around this but to be truthful. "Y-yes, he said he knew but he didn't tell me for our safety."

Titus growls as I see his eyes flicker to Gemini and I scoot a little closer to the door.

But it's my mate who speaks first. "Please don't fear me, I don't have a good hold on my wolf right now and he hates when you fear us."

That doesn't do much to quell the fear though. "I promise I didn't know. I was just as angry at Shiro as you are for not telling me. Something like this should have been said."

"You got that right!" This time, I'm not hearing Titus but Gemini's voice and I instantly want to shrink into a hole.

"Fuck!" I hear Titus groan, his eyes quickly flickering to gray and then gold, gray and then gold. "Mell, get out the car now!"

Horrified, I'm watching Titus grip the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles turn white. His arms start violently shaking as he growls again, this time a menacing sound and I'm pretty scared about that could mean.

My heart drops when he turns his head to me again and I don't see Titus stormy gray eyes, instead I see golden eyes, swirling with anger.

I know it's Gemini and he's taken over for Titus, but I don't know if Titus gave him control or if his wolf just took it.

I swallow, wanting to ask but before I can, I feel my body falling sideways as my door is ripped open.

A yelp escapes me before I can collide with the ground, but I'm saved by Enzo wrapping his arms around me, throwing my body over his shoulder and running into the packhouse, slamming the front door behind him.

"Enzo, what's going on?!" I panic as he rushes towards the basement which I had now noticed had a metal door instead of wood.

Wasn't it wooden when I first moved here?

Pulling a pair of keys out of his pocket, he unlocks the bolt latch and goes down the darkened stairs.

Once we were down, he turns on a light, setting me down on the cushioned floor as he grips my face.

"Listen to me, stay here," his eyes pleading. "I'll handle Gemini, I've taken the brunt of his anger since we were kids. I'm used to it, but you're not and with how enraged he is right now, I can't let you be with him."

My eyes widen with panic. "But, what about Titus? Is he ok?"

Enzo sighs, "I can't explain that right now, just stay here, please—"

His words are cut off by the sound of wood splintering and something crashing into a wall upstairs.

Enzo curses, rushing off up the stairs and closing the metal basement door, locking it behind him.

My heart drops when I hear Gemini growl and I can't feel Titus, not even through our bond.

I hear claws scraping across the wood floor and then I hear bones cracking, another growl quickly ripping through the air.

My body locks up in terror as I hear bodies crashing into walls upstairs, glass breaking, growls erupting and howls of despair.

I flinch harshly as the metal door to the basement is shook with the force of gravity holding us to the Earth.

I don't know what to make of it and I can't even relax down here because I had no idea what was happening upstairs. The questions constantly swirling.

Is this what Gemini is truly like? Why would he take control from Titus? Why wouldn't I be able to feel Titus? Where's my mate? How's Enzo? How's Kraven? What's going on up there? Why would Enzo say what he did about Gemini?