Chapter 12

--- Lyra's POV---

A week had passed before I had even realized, mostly due to the work that had been placed on my shoulders. After the pack had accepted me among them and as my role as Peacekeeper, they had certainly kept me busy.

Most of the fights I had to break up and tempers that needed to be soothed, were relatively simple. Large amounts of wolves that lived together would naturally cause some friction and strife between people.

However, I had noticed the ever-growing trend of unmated males picking fights with one another. Simply so I had to run over and separate the men.

If only those idiots remembered that I could access the pack's mind link just as well as they could, and therefore could sense their intentions. Lately they had been less than subtle, even attempting to give me a kiss as a 'thank you' present.

Shaking my head, I slowly stepped away from my window before snickering. The look on the guy's face when he received a kick to his groin was priceless, especially when he realized his friends instantly ran for safety when I turned to them.

I had resolved the issue quite simply. Reaching out to all the unmated males through the mind link, I had informed them of a simple fact.

If they were going to keep picking fights in order to try and get in my good graces, I would be the one to start the next fight.

And it definitely wasn't going to be a pretty one, as I wasn't afraid to fight dirty..

Just as I left my room and closed the door behind me, I heard several footsteps approaching. Looking up, I grinned as Liz questioned "What were you thinking about, Lyra? You were smirking like a Cheshire cat."

"The looks on the pack's faces when I uttered my warning to the unmated males." I said with a shrug, watching as Liz snorted out a laugh, followed by Jess and Sophia giggling in amusement.

The pack made sure that the unruly young men knew what they thought of their antics, gently teasing the teens about their mistakes.

As my eyes flitted over the group, my smile softened. Liz and Jess had been the first women who I befriended after my acceptance by the pack.

Liz had been eager, with a bright and bubbly personality that elevated everyone's mood. I was surprised when she introduced me to her best friend Jess, who was rather shy and didn't speak as much.

Sophia, Liz's older sister, simply sighed and shook her head. "Honestly, those idiots deserved it. Picking fights and injuring one another just so they could have an excuse to talk with you?" She clacked her tongue with disgust.

And then I slowly realized all three women were flanking me with equal smiles blooming on their faces.

Oh no. Please don't tell me-

"I hope you don't have any plans today because honey, we're going to shop until we drop!" Liz announced with pure joy in her voice. Meanwhile I gave off a groan of absolute utter disgust.

"For what? To hang even more clothes in the closet that I'm never going to wear anyways?" I whined, gaining the attention of the other women, who looked at me as if I had said something scandalous.

Even Jess, the usually shy one, looked at me with shock. "Nobody told you?" She inquired curiously, eyes flitting from myself to Sophia and Liz and back again.

Now I was getting really suspicious, as both Sophia and Liz seemed even giddier than when they found out I had picked out Ryan's hoodie.

"Well, tomorrow night is going to be awesome, because the pack is organizing a salsa evening." Liz smirked while Sophia winked, continuing where her sister dropped off.