Chapter 11

---Lyra's POV---

Two hours had passed and as predicted, my ribs had fully healed. Now that the healing process had finished, I could finally take a quick shower to freshen up.

After towel drying my hair and combing it through, I was glad to see that even the bruising had disappeared. But I also realized I had a small issue.

When I had hurried into my shower and tossed my dirty clothes behind me... I hadn't stopped to think about the fact that I didn't have any clean clothes.

Yet, I had also heard the bedroom door open and close multiple times, so I was silently praying that someone of the pack had brought me some clothes. After all, the only things within my possession, had been the clothes on my back.

Just as I finished tucking a towel around my body to prevent any unwanted accidents, I heard my bedroom door open... and then shocked laughter.

"Lyra, oh my...you've got to see this!" Erica wheezed in between manic laughter and sharp inhales. Curiosity had me slowly push the door open and peek inside the room.

First I spotted Erica with a bundle of clean clothing in her hands. However, that didn't hold my attention as much as the mound of clothing on my bed.

"Okay, I know I asked Eric for a new hoodie since he tore mine but this is ridiculous." I muttered, staring wide eyed at the forty-something hoodies piled all over my bed.

Even Christy, who seemed to be curious what all this laughter was all about, was stunned into silence before she sighed and shook her head.

The Luna smiled wryly, motioning behind her. "No wonder there was so much commotion in the hallways along with excited chatter. Seems like you've managed to draw the attention of all the unmated boys."

Wait...those hoodies represent interested unmated wolves?

My mouth nearly dropped open before I sighed, accepting the clothes Erica handed for me and turned back to change.

As I returned fully clothes, I noticed that Erica and Christy had taken the time to sort the pile neatly before motioning me closer.

"What are these guys even thinking? That I'll mate whoever's sweater I decide to wear?" I wondered out loud, dropping my ass on the floor considering that my entire bed was covered in clothes.

Christy gave me a curious look before understanding flashed in her warm hazel eyes. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but have your parents ever explained how matings work?"

I blinked before shaking my head slowly. "I mean, they said I'd know with just one look, so I figured eye contact was all I needed." I hesitated before sighing. "Does this mean that my wolf has been looking for her mate and wasting her time?"

"I'm afraid so." Christy said, moving several hoodies from the bed before patting her hand on the vacated spot. "The reason why you haven't encountered a mate is mostly due to the fact that you've avoided any contact with other wolves."

My eyes rolled before I even considered the gesture to be rude, especially aimed at the pack Luna. But it wasn't like I had a choice in avoiding packs, considering my past.

And it seemed Christy realized this, as she took no offence to my gesture. "Circumstances forced your hand into avoiding any wolves at all cost. However, now that you've integrated into a pack, where your wolf feels safe, you're bound to start your first heat in a few weeks-"

I froze seconds before I was going to sit in the offered spot. "Heat? What are you talking about?" My voice quivered as I slowly sat down, turning my full attention to Christy and ignoring the wave of scent from the hoodies.