Chapter 8

---Ryan's POV---

Absolute shock had stunned me into silence, unable to move a muscle. The declaration that this girl, a rogue, who we had chased down on our lands and who was now undergoing a fight to be ranked as one of us....

She is an Alpha?

It had been shocking enough to be told she was an Outcast and not a mere Rogue but to realize she was an Alpha, born from a potent bloodline of an Alpha pair known across the continent...

The mindlike was absolutely silent, not a hushed whisper or stray thought until it suddenly exploded with jittery energy.

"An Alpha?!"

"She's a Born Alpha? No fucking way!"

"-but it would explain why she kicked ass-"

"-completely impossible-"

"ENOUGH!" I barked with enough power through the link to force the outraged teens into silence. It was rough to try and approach this with a rational mind, especially so when she remained silent after her revelation.

Jason was more resembling a fish on land, opening and closing his mouth uselessly without a sound escaping him. So I stepped forwards and asked the question that was burning in the minds of many of the young adults present.

"How do we even know you're speaking the truth?" I snarled angrily, positive that she was lying. Born Alphas were not a rarity but a pack would be foolish to cast one aside without proper reasoning.

Lyra observed me with a saddened but serious expression. "How else was I capable of stopping a border patrol of ten wolves, persistent to attack me?" She replied with her own question. "My powers were only recently awakened."

As I was still trying to progress this information, she shrugged. "But no need to believe me. If you don't trust me, do you at least trust your own Alpha and father to know the truth?"

Worthlessly, I looked at him tiredly, feeling my shoulders sag at the seriousness in his eyes. I didn't need to see him nod, or hear his affirmative "Lyra is speaking the truth. I have known her parents and she is indeed a born Alpha."

Another wave of excited rambling and chatter flooded through the pack link as I failed to collect my thoughts. "Then why have you never told me as soon as you realized that fact? Why go through this entire process?!"

My eyes snapped to her, voice forceful as I questioned "And why would a pack cast out their next Alpha-to-be, a born Alpha?"

None of the reasons I could come up with were good ones. They involved murder, treason, plotting unspeakable things to the pack or nearby packs.

All the more reasons to question the legitimacy for why on earth she was here. It was too easy, too convenient that she just happened to find someone related to our pack and brought her here out of the goodness of her heart. Especially so if she lived her life as a rogue ever since her banishment.

This time Lyra's eyes became frosty, a glare pinching her brows together. "Who do you think you are, demanding me to share my life story?" She growled lowly, muscles tensing with anger and annoyance.

"You told our Alpha, did you not?" I stated with exasperation. "Why can you tell him but not me, while I'm next in line?"

She scoffed, blowing out an annoyed breath. "As I said to Jason earlier ; Respect is earned, not given freely. What have you done up until now to earn any respect from me?"

A low growl rumbled from my throat but I had no way to defend myself. Yet at the same time, that ugly streak reared its head. The nerve that she had to call me out, not showing me any respect as the next Alpha.