Chapter 3

The sound of a door opening and footsteps approaching roused me from my light slumber. I was already pushing up on my paws before my eyes were completely open, heart racing as adrenaline surged through my body.

And then I realized where I was, where we were. Ryan approached the bars of our cell with a small bundle of clothing. A tired yawn escaped me as I stretched before wincing in pain, having obviously forgotten about my injuries.

"This is the best I could find. Most of the pack is asleep and I'm not about to wake half the house up to get you clothes." Ryan grumbled, pushing the clothes through the bars.

As they settled on the floor, they revealed some sweatpants and a hoodie, a small girl's dress and two sets of underwear.

I was grateful that they at least brought a change for Emilia as well, seeing how she spent a few days in her current outfit. We both probably could use a bath as well but I doubted that Ryan was going to allow us that luxury until we were approved by his Alpha.

So I merely sighed and scooped up the soft bundle with my teeth, trotting back to the bed to wake Emilia. When my nudging evoked nothing but a muttered groan before she rolled towards the wall, I huffed and decided against waking her.

Nobody wanted to spend an unknown amount of time with a grumpy, sleep-deprived child.

Instead, I flicked the dress and smaller set of underwear on the foot end of the bed before preparing to change.

Before I could even ponder on how to shift and get dressed without any peeping toms, the door opened once more. Sadly enough, the two males that entered where nowhere mature or powerful enough to be the Alpha of this pack.

They raised a curious brow in my direction before glancing at Ryan, who shrugged as he plopped down on a seat. "Father said to guard these two until he gets back. There were a few... complications along the way."

Both of them pulled a face at that, muscles tensing as they huffed out a growl before relaxing. Meanwhile, I had sat down with the clothes at my paws, giving all three of them a pointed glare.

Neither of them seemed to get the hint, glaring right back... until I slowly moved my eyes from them, to the pile of clothes and back again.

Judging from the deep red hue on their faces as they spun around in unison, they seemed to get the message.

That didn't mean that I trusted them implicitly ; they were hormonal teens after all and I anticipated that they'd peek whenever they'd get the chance.

So I shifted facing the wall, knowing at most they'd get an eyeful of my bare ass at best. Before I reached for the clothes, I looked over my shoulder, already seeing one of them twitch slightly.

"If you dare to sneak a peek, I'm going to kick you in the balls when you least expect it." I hissed, watching the unknown male on the right freeze mid-motion before his head snapped forwards once more.

"Men..." I huffed, shaking my head as I quickly put on the underwear and pants. My dislocated shoulder made changing quite a painful experience, especially so when I had to pull the hoodie over my head.

I decided against forcing my arm through the sleeve, but as I was forcing my head and uninjured arm through the fabric, I heard a soft, almost inaudible gasp behind me.

Yanking the hoodie down, I sneered as I spun around, hoping to catch whoever it was off guard. Yet all three remained facing the wall, refusing to react and turning slightly red in the face.

"Well, now I'm decent." I huffed, letting my eyes flit over the three young men, all of which refused to look me in the eye.

Rolling my eyes, I went to check on Emilia, who was still deeply asleep. I cringed when my shoulder protested when I ducked down to cover her with the blanket.