Chapter 6

---Lyra's POV---

As we slowly circled one another, I had to fight from rolling my eyes as Vince decided to be a so called gentleman. Smiling warmly as he teased, "You know, normally I wouldn't fight girls, but since the Alpha commanded it, I have to abide by the rules."

His eyes flitted over my body, which in a fight normally meant he was looking for an opening to strike. However, I simply felt unease with the way his gaze lingered in the obvious places before he stood upright.

"I don't feel it is fair that you need to fight ten guys back to back. How about I give you a free shot darling?" He grinned as he stopped circling while I paused in surprise.

Head tilting to the side, I smiled before innocently asking, "Really? I'm flattered by the offer. Are you sure I can get a free shot?"

"Yup." He popped, grinning as he held his arms open in clear invitation. "Give me your best shot sweetie."

"Oh, we will." My wolf snarled venomously, more than insulted by this brat.

Poor Vince never saw it coming. One moment he was letting his eyes scan the crowd, as if asking for approval of his gentlemanly behavior.

The next second, my fist plowed straight into his cheekbone, sending him off his feet and staggering back before he flopped on the ground boneless.

Not a single twitch came from Vince as I walked over leisurely before crouching to check his pulse. Still alive and breathing but out cold from a single punch?

I don't think I hit him that hard...

However, when I looked up, everyone in the crowd shared the exact same expression; slack jawed, stunned surprise. Glancing over my shoulder, Blake was barely suppressing his own grin while Ryan and his cronies all shared the crowd's stunned shock.

"Uhm....is he out or is someone going to start counting?" I asked, poking a finger in Vince's direction, much to Blake's amusement.

"Oh, he's out." Blake smirked, motioning the pack doctor to the side to gather Vince.

I grinned at that. "Sweet." My amusement only continued to grow when Emilia was going crazy, being her hyperactive self simply because I won.

"Calm down, you crazy pup. It's only the first fight."

She grinned, baring her pearly whites as a mischievous twinkle sparked to life in her eyes. "But I know! I know what he did wrong!" She sang, bouncing on the balls of her feet.

The crowd watched her with amusement as I approached, biting back my own amused smile. "Reaaaaaally?" I teased, motioning towards Emilia when she nodded eagerly, "Let's hear it then."

"It's simple really, the first rule you told me. Never, ever underestimate your opponent." She stated, raising her little chin proudly in the air as I smirked.

After all, during the brief time we spent traveling alongside one another, I had tried my best to teach her basic survival rules, instincts that she needed to hone.

"Correct," I grinned, winking as she crowed in victory. "I'm glad at least some of my lessons came through."

The people around us gave her a suddenly wary once over, as if expecting the young girl to be a capable fighter. I tilted my head in Vince's direction when there was an audibly pained groan.

With the aid of the pack doctor, he was slowly sitting up, hand gingerly reaching for his undoubtedly sore jaw. "Man, that was one wicked right hook. I never saw it coming! Just, Wham! Lights out!"